Sunday, December 28, 2008

This Crazy Weather!

I just have to laugh at this crazy weather we've had here in Chicago. Last week we didn't make it above 0 degrees and 10 inches of snow......freezing rain.....and now Saturday we made it to the upper 50's with rain, thunder, and tornado warnings all over the place! And now all of that snow has melted and seeped into my basement! Ugh! It is a muddy mess out there.....which is NOT a good thing when you have 4 little paws to wipe off..... but I digress.......

Since it will be January soon, and I haven't made any Valentines cards yet......I made this quick card using Crafty Secret's Christmas Journaling Booklet. These booklets rock when you are pressed for time and need a pretty card! To add a little pizazz, I used chunky glitter around the image, Dew Drops in the corners, some ribbon, and a Making Memories snowflake charm.

I am off to watch the weather......to see what Mother Nature has in store for us tomorrow........maybe a foot of snow? ( I hope not!!!)

Have a wonderful Monday!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute snowman card! Very adorable:)

Corie said...

Simply adorable!!

Lim said...

Hi, Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Wow.. you make the most beautiful cards. Gorgeous colors and nice pictures about your holiday.
I wish a Happy New Year and I hope bring for all of us Happiness and Joy.
Beautiful snowman card and stunning Crafty secret cards. Gorgeous..
Hugs,
LIM

Amy said...

whew, glad we drove through Chicago really early this morning before all the bad weather! The good news is we made it home safely. I hope it gets better soon and that you stay safe!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! Love the line of glitter around the image!! :)

Candy said...

Adorable card!
Happy New Year - hope 2009 is a good one for you and your family.