Friday, August 13, 2010

Cutting Cafe' Winner and a Color Scheme!

Good morning and happy weekend to you! First I want to announce the winner of the Cutting Cafe' giveway! Random.org chose number 14!!! (For some reason I can't get it to copy and paste to my blog.)
This means Crystal is the winner!
She said: "OOOOO WEEE Michele I LOVE this the lemons look FABULOUS and the added sparkle for sugar SOOOOO CREATIVE!!!! AWESOME work sweetie! "

Congrats Crystal!!! : )

I have a fun color scheme for you today! I found this picture on the Better Homes and Gardens web page. I loved all the white space with dashes of pink, green, and orange. So I decided to use this is as inspiration for a page about Cortney.

Cortney loves the water. She lives for the water. She is a fish in the water! Her little crippled body becomes FREE in the water! So every year I have to take pics of her participating in her favorite activity. I used Noel's Sun-Kissed kit (sold out) and my Cricut H20 cartridge to create the sun. I kept the LO clean and simple. (Which is a pretty big change from my usual "layered like crazy" LO's!)
I inked the edges of the sun and hand stitched the perimeter. I love the depth and interest it adds.

I also added clear buttons tied with brightly colored twine and clear Dew Drops to emulate water.
Have you seen Noel's latest kit, Sweet Sue? It goes up for sale August 20th! Click HERE to see peeks........it is another fabulous kit!
Hope your weekend is wonderful! I am heading on a "Date" with the hubby tomorrow night. Dinner and a movie. I love our time together.......



10 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats Crystal!!

This LO is GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely LOVE the sun! The paper, colors and stitching are absolutely perfect! TFS!

My Serendipity said...

Congratulations Crystal! Enjoy!
I love the colors in the room also..very nice! and the LO is wonderful :)

Regina Easter said...

oh my this layout is beautiful...i love it....hey the link doesn't work for the kit sneak peek....

Jocelyn said...

Oh this LO is just stunning...look at Cort!!!!

Congrats to the winner!!!!

Have a great one!!!!

Allison Rankin said...

This LO is so inspiring. I have been wanting to make some summer ones and this one has sent me over the edge! Cort looks so happy...super job Michele!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS Crystal!!! And I love love love love love that lo Michele!!!! Gorgeous FUN photos of Cort and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the stitching! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love the buttons as part of the water drops, and just all the circular elements representing water on this page.

Star Rork said...

this is amazing, love the clean lines & bold colors!

Rose Ann said...

Your fabulous page truly captures Cortney's love for the water!! I love your amazing sunshine with your perfect stitches, and your button bubbles as well!!

DeeDee said...

WOWOW! This layout is gorgeous. Love what you did with the sun. This would have sold me a magazine or something.