Monday, August 9, 2010

Girl Lions Don't have Manes......

Good morning! It is going to be another busy day today as it extremely necessary to get my gluteus maximus to school today. I need to get my desks and books in order, put up my posters and bulletin boards and take inventory on what I need to purchase at the teacher's store. On top of that Kyle has a summer class at our local community college, and I have to register Cort for high school.

So today, just to show you how very "blond" I am at times.....I created this JustRite card with the Let's Celebrate set. I thought I was very clever adding a tiny bow and bling to this lion's hair. Perfect for a girl's birthday right? Then it dawned on me......girl lions don't have manes! Oh well....consider it my artistic interpretation! : )

Paper is from Papertrey Ink and was stamped with Papertrey Ink's Hibiscus. All layers were cut using Spellbinder's Scalloped Square. The hibiscus layer is actually felt. The image was colored with Copic markers. The ribbon on top was actually purchased at Michaels and is their brand. : )

So off I go to school........ : )

11 comments:

Jingle said...

LOL! Well, this one decided to be different! Very cute card!

mary stuart said...

You amaze me, Michele!
With all you have to do, yet you take time to create and post. it is therapy, but i am still amazed at how much detail you put into your cards, etc, and still get your 'homework' done! Thank you for sharing your life with us, Michele!

Allison Rankin said...

How sweet...at least you tried...ha ha!

Crystal said...

AWWW LOL Michele......This is fantastic girly!! I LOVE the ribbon and the whole design looks GREAT!

Jana Eubank said...

LOL! Michele! You are so funny! Well, I think he's just getting in touch with his feminine side. ;) Cute card!

Maria Matter said...

lol, too fun Michele! I think your she lion is wonderful and your card is stunning! love that ribbon!

Have fun organizing your classroom! we started our homeschool today, too hot to be outside!
Enjoy your day!
blessings!

Hearts Turned said...

I think it's adorable, Michele!

Hope all your busy stuff goes well...life is NUTS right now, isn't it?!

Julie

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Very cute regardless. I would not have caught on, LOL.

Lorraine said...

Very cute card! I love that ribbon and the bling! Too funny about the mane! But you know, I wouldn't have caught it if you didn't mention it...LOL.

Regina Easter said...

that ribbon is delicious...gotta get some of that...fab card...hugs

Alice said...

this is sooooooo cute!! i love it!!