Friday, August 24, 2012

Last Day

....Of summer vacation. As much as I've enjoyed being home for the summer and not having that "regular" routine, I am ready to head back to the class room. I've been there every day since last week getting things organized and set up. The only downside to all this school stuff is it has zapped my creativity at home. I haven't crafted all week.  In addition to my mind set being on school, I have been redecorating the basement.  I have so many neat things to show you, but it isn't quite ready yet!  I have been a chevron, spray painting fool! ; )  My husband said to me the other night while watching TV down in the basement, "I can't stop staring at it, it looks SO different!"  And I couldn't agree more!  I hope to share it with you by next week!

Today I have a Crafty Secret's card that uses the Animal Party set.  It is such a cute set and is perfect for making children's cards. I colored this pup with my Copic markers and did a bit of sponging on the edges. The image was matted using various Spellbinder's dies.  The ribbon is a denim ribbon by SU!

I hadn't really intended to go towards a patriotic theme....but sometimes these cards take on a life of their own! ; )
I am headed to school once again and am hoping to get Cortney in the pool this afternoon.  Summer has returned and I couldn't be any happier! 
Have a great weekend! : )

6 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Oh what a sweet, adorable card with your amazing color work! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Rea' said...

Cute card...always have liked that blue, red combo, those stamps are adorable !
Have a Blessed School Year !

Plastic card said...

I think you made it really beautiful! thanks for sharing such a fine work!

Life and Knits said...

Beautiful card Michele. Enjoy the school year! Can't wait to see the basement!

Susie

Plastic cards said...

This is looking adorable. I am so inspired from your design, in how much time you can design a beautiful card?

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Michele! Love the layers and star/denim ribbon embellishment.