Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What a Difference Colors Can Make!

Have you ever tried to cram a zillion things into one week? That's what I am trying to do before I head back to work on Monday. Finishing up my kids' doctor appointments, setting up my class room, getting my house organized, and buying some last minute items for my kid's school supply lists. I am certainly not complaining.....just explaining. ; ) It has been quite a whirlwind....and every errand I run I have my lil' side kick with me!  (Cort doesn't start school until next Thursday) : ) 

Remember Monday's card?  With its soft pink, grey, and cream color scheme?  I loved the cut so much I decided to create another card with some bolder, more retro inspired colors.  It is exactly the same minus the silver spatula, which I replaced with a sentiment from My Craft Spot stamps.  
I love making those lumpy bumpy cards....so I use a lot of dimensional squares in my projects.  It is such an easy way to add depth. 

So which do you prefer? The softer color scheme from Monday? Or today's more bold color scheme?
On some creative happy news, THIS card got picked up by Papercraft Inspirations from the UK.  The card will be featured in their October issue.  : )
Gotta run to my school and get some lesson planning done!
Have a great day my friends!!!

9 comments:

Gwen said...

Congrats on the publication that is awesome! I love both cards, but I would say the pink is my favorite.

Jingle said...

Well, being that red is my favorite color EVER, this is my favorite, but you work so well with soft colors, too!

Life and Knits said...

Beautiful!

Congrats!

Susie

Sis Patterson said...

Congratulations on your magazine selection - I love that magazine and I can wait see this card in it!

I love both the pink and the red - but there is something fun about the red!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Gorgeous card! I love the bright colors and all of the bumpy lumpy layers. Congrats on the publication and good luck with your new school year!

Kimberly

Migdalia said...

WOW!!Gorgeous!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Another fab card with this set. Love them both and can't pick one color scheme over the other!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

They are both too pretty for me to just pick one. Congrats on getting published!

MulticrafterAmy said...

I like both the cards. :)