Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer...

Summer is drawing to a close.(sniff, sniff!) I am so glad that this weekend was hot. Cortney loves the pool, and she had the chance to swim in it! Before you know it, we will be closing the pool and preparing for winter's arrival. I desperately want to hold on to these last few days of summer!

 I have a LO of my niece that was published in the June issue of Cricut Magazine. My dad had a place in Michigan that we visited quite frequently. The kids loved the water, and it was a place for all the cousins to hang out together.

My niece,Katie, was tentative about the water, just waking up from her nap, but it only took a few minutes for her to decide that being in the lake is where she wanted to be! I am so glad I was able to capture these photos of her.  I used Close to my Heart's Art Philosophy and the Creative Memories' Traveler carts.  
I added a few alphabet beads and twine to my title. 
I loved cutting all of the seashells, flowers, swirls and such! 
I am officially back at work today.  The students arrive tomorrow, and hopefully I am ready!  As much as the students get nervous on their first day......so do teachers! ; )
Have a great start to your week!


Michele
p

9 comments:

Life and Knits said...

The LO is lovely and hoping your summertime memories, warm your heart this upcoming winter.

Have a great school year! They're gonna love ya!

Susie

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful LO...Happy Back to School! Lee-Ann :)

Sonya said...

Gorgeous LO--happy back to school to you!

Jingle said...

SUCH a pretty layout!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a fabulous LO for these oh so precious photos!! Congrats on the publication!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Rea' said...

I love that LO the colors are so pretty!

Have a Great First Day and a Blessed School Year !

Sis Patterson said...

Your layout is gorgeous - color and texture are so wonderful.

Best wishes for a wonderful new school year and an extended memorable pool season.

Unknown said...

wow, this is stunning! i love the layers of embellies. it's all so perfect!

Eric Henderson said...

Gorgeous LO--happy back to school to you!