Saturday, August 31, 2013

Shrinky Dinks and Grand Sentiments by JustRite

Good morning!  
I realized as I was going through my picture folders that I have many projects in there that were never shown here.  So today I have a couple of JustRite projects using the Grand Sentiment's set.  I love when I can use Shrinky Dinks and a stamp set to create a fun embellishment.  I dressed up a little burlap bag by stamping the sentiment directly on a piece of white felt.  I cut it to the correct size I needed using scalloped fabric scissors and machine stitching it.  I tied a bit of seam binding around the bag into a bow.  I added a Shrinky Dink butterfly for an accent. 


For this birthday card I also used the Grand Sentiment's set and stamped it in aqua and green.  I cut the center out of the frame to create a shadow box appearance.  I tied seam binding vertically into a double bow.   I added a couple of those butterflies to finish it off.  ;) 
Well this gal finished her first full week of school.  I am so excited about this class! They are such a nice group of boys and girls and we are off to a great start! On the down side, I was completely exhausted this week!  I have to get used to being on my feet all day again. Hopefully, I will adjust soon and get back to my normal crafting schedule!
I will be back on Monday with Crafty Secret's Linky and Design Team Party as well as a brand new release from JustRite!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!



5 comments:

my cup of tea said...

Your shrinks are beautiful colors! They look adorable!
Donna

MichelleZ said...

Such sweet projects! Love the little butterflies!

augcott said...

Nicely done!

Heather Flaherty said...

beautiful projects.. i want to play with shrinky dinks now

Stephanie said...

Both are fabulous. I really must use my shrink dinks.