Friday, April 25, 2014

Dresser Box

I am in love with this dresser from Silhouette. I've been wanting to do something creative with it for quite some time.  It was designed by the talented  Samantha Walker.  I decided to stay in my comfort zone and use soft pinks, blues, and a pop of red. I wanted it to have a shabby vintage feel to it. 
I  used pearls for the drawer handles and a bit of doily peeking out of the top of the drawers.  The drawers are perfect for putting jewelry or some smaller trinkets for the recipient.  
I added a 3D Coreopsis flower  designed by Jamie Cripps. I gave it a bit of color by adding pink using Tim Holtz Distress Markers. 
I added a few leaves, string, berries, and a sentiment using an SRM sticker. 

It is going to be another busy weekend here.  I will be standing on the street corner to help raise money for Misericordia.  (The facility we are trying to get Cortney into).  I have a communion party for a close friend, piles of laundry, and maybe a bit of crafty time snuck in here and there.
Any plans this weekend?
Would love to hear what you are up to! 
HUGS my friends!


Jamie Cripps said...

This is so gorgeous! I love everything you create, just such an elegance about each project! Amazing.

Creative M said...

Stunning and so BEAUTIFUL!!
Have a wonderful day,
*Crafting With Creative M*

Samantha Walker said...

This is stunning! I love your creativity and taking everything to the next level! Simply amazing!!!

Vickie said...

Love it Love it. I need to see if I can make this with a cricut cut.

Sparky said...

Pretty as can be and that pop of red is so eyecatching! I so admire the obvious care and beautiful detail you put into every one of your creations, Michele. Thank you!

nattyboots said...

A lovely project, loving the colors and flowers used.
I am going to have a relaxing weekend, no family visiting as they are all doing their own thing, i have my youngest sons Birthday Card to make for next Thursday, so i will be doing that
Have a lovely weekend
Take Care
Elaine H X

Lisa Kind said...


augcott said...

OMG! I ♥ this.
I just went into Silhouette and put that dang cute dresser in my cart!!!!
Thanks for sharing!
diane @ thoughts and shots