Sunday, May 29, 2016

Tim Holtz Distress Crayon's Experiment #2!

Created by Michele Kovack
Good morning! Happy Memorial Weekend to you!
I was up on the SRM Blog a couple of days ago with this card. The background was another experiment in using Tim Holtz's Distress Crayons, a circle stencil, and a baby wipe.  I colored the background black, laid the stencil over it, and wiped it off with a baby wipe to reveal the lighter gray circles.  Why I thought it would be great for a spring card is beyond me!  But I did it!  I paired it with felt JustRite flowers and a sentiment from SRM Stickers. 
Created by Michele Kovack
It's an odd combination for sure, but I do think it makes the flower pop a bit!
Cortney is home for the weekend, so we are planning on spending the day in the pool.  
Have a wonderful day!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

loudowning54 said...

Yes, it sure does work. Beautiful card. Have a great day by the pool!

Leslie Miller said...

It works for me! The background sets off the flower beautifully, and all that glitter is totally yummy. I hope you've had a very nice weekend with Cortney. So nice to have her home. The best of both worlds for her!

TK said...

Love the felt flower, and I think the black/gray background make the flowers pop more! Hope the rest of your weekend is awesome!

Karen Letchworth said...

This caught my eye on the SRM Blog so I had to come by and take a closer look. Always an eye-catcher with you, Michele. Love it!

I continue to pray for Courtney and your family. Hugs to you all, and enjoy your time together.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com