Saturday, September 18, 2021

Trick or Treat

My crafting has taken me to fall projects but it is still in the 90's here in Chicago! I love me some summer, but I love me some fall even more.  I look forward to the cooler temperatures, fall clothes, pumpkin spice, and Halloween!
I have a card today that was a result of some experimenting with different techniques.  For the background I used Whimsy Stamp's Broken Web Embossing Folder.  I inked up the paper using Tim Holtz Distress Oxides in Prize Ribbon and Salvaged Patina.  Then I rubbed the Prize Ribbon ink directly on the embossing folder and ran it through my machine.  I loved how it gave it more interest and depth.  I inked up another piece of card stock using Salvaged Patina and stamped the new Trick or Treat stamp set in Versamark and embossed it in black.  I added grit paste and crackle paste to the edges of the sentiment. Once it was dry I rubbed brown ink over the edges. 
I think the combo of the grit paste and texture paste are so cool! The spiders are from the Spiders and Webs Die set.   I added the filigree corners from the ATC Book Die Set.  They were given a coating of crackle paste too.  For a finishing touch I added some tulle and an old tea stained tag.

Be sure to check Whimsy Stamps to see all of the new releases! They are so much fun!












 

No comments: