Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cappuccino!

This week's Brainwave Challenge over at Treehouse Stamps was to use these colors: Vanilla, pink, and chocolate chip. I decided to give you a glimpse of Treehouse's next release coming Sept. 1st! I adore this set, because I LOVE coffee! I stamped the cup and colored it in using my Copics. I added brown liquid applique to the coffee part but didn't heat it because I wanted it to stay shiny. I stamped the coffee cup again on a separate sheet of paper and used white liquid applique for the coffee part. I did heat that up and got it fairly puffy. I cut that little bit of "foam" out and glued it to the brown, unheated liquid applique. I just transformed my regular 'ole cup of joe, into cappuccino!
I stamped the "steam" and added white liquid applique and heat set it. I added a few rhinestones to the "steam." I also stamped a couple of coffee beans and colored those in using my Copics too. I added Crystal Effects to them and then cut them out. I nestled those on the side of the cup. The DP is Making Memories, Noteworthy collection.

Go check out what the other gals did with this color challenge!
Ashley
Vicky
Neva
Karen

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a goprgeous card Michelle...MMMM mmmmmm def my cuppa...coffee:)X
Have a great Evening:)x

Rachel V. said...

Love this card Michelle!

Allison Rankin said...

Super job...love the use of LA for your steam!

Anonymous said...

Chelle,
Sorry I didn 't congratulate you on your new addition to the family.... I really love the up dates from your mother-in-law... I told her today that it is great to hear all the stuff... it will keep me from thinking about getting a puppy... remember I still have Ron... Love De

Marlou McAlees said...

ooooh I love this adorable card Michelle!!! makes me want a nice cuppa now :) hugzz xx

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a great card, love those colors and what you did with the steam

Ann said...

Michelle this is gorgeous!! Love the liquid applique to the stam and the rim of the coffee!!

Risa said...

Very pretty card!!! Your cup of coffee looks so real and I love the way you embellished it!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving the lovely comments!
hugs
risa:)
p.s. I LOVE coffee also!!!

Alex said...

Oooh, I love this - it looks yummy!!! That steam is pure genius, how awesome Michele!!! My favorite thing, a cuppa coffee - and this one looks YUM!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

Wonderful cuppa, Michele!! I love all of the polka dots, and your "steam"!!

Tegan said...

This card is aboslutely gorgeous!!
Love it!

Mmmm-I need another coffee LOL :)
Thanks for your comment on my blog~~you're not nosey haha. I am still in highschool-grade 11. I have one more year until I graduate and decide if I want to go to university, etc.

ktstamps said...

Can I buy you a cuppa joe? Great work on your blog! Wonderful pictures, scrapbooks, stories!
Are you in school??? We start teacher meetings on Wednesday...hope I am ready! Do you have any maps for a 6x6 to 8 1/2x11, to 12x12 scrapbook pages? I am doing a couple of scrapbook workshops and I am looking for a couple of maps to get me pointed in the right direction! TIA! kt

CreativeMish said...

Great card! I love that you added liquit applique!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Your coloring is so fab!!! I wanna color like you!!! Awesome card.

:-)