Saturday, August 23, 2008

When Life Gives you Lemons...and PLEASE vote!

I am in love with this set, Summer Fun set from Sweet 'n Sassy. When I saw this pitcher of lemonade I knew that was the first stamp I HAD to use! It is the epitome of summer. I colored it in with my Copics and added Crystal Effects. I cut the pitcher out and added a small piece of ribbon with a couple of Doodlebug Posies. The paper is Junkitz. The sentiment is from the Summer Sentiments set.

Well, I get to meet my new 5th graders today. I only have them for a couple of hours and then I have staff meetings the rest of the day. I have a fairly large group this year....27 kids! I am just like a kid because I always get nervous the first day!

I am going to see the Chicago White Sox on Saturday! I'm gonna get me some cold beer and a hot dog! (Of course the weatherman is calling for rain.....)

And Lastly, PLEASE vote at the JustRite blog for me! I would really, really, really appreciate your vote! Thanks sooooooo much!!!!

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Abra Leah Cross said...

The coloring is really good! I love the cheeriness of the card. :)

Our students start Monday and I've only met one of ours. Middle School is a wild ride. :D

Have fun this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Fab card Michelle...Enjoy your weekend..hope it dosent rain!!!!:)x

Anonymous said...

I love this, great colors! Nice touch with the posie's

Ana Baird said...

Gorgeous and fantastic!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Your lemonade is amazing...it looks real! Fantastic card!

Tanis said...

Voted for ya chickie :) You're in the lead right now! GO GO GO!!!!

Christi Flores said...

This card is fantastic!! I'm off to vote! :)

~amy~ said...

SWEET card...voted for you!

Anonymous said...

ooops!!!I forgot to say..You got my vote on the Just right Blog:)I just placed my vote chick:)
Your creations are fab,,,"Good Luck"....
fingers crossedxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Margie Higuchi said...

Love the colors in the card!
Back to school...ah, love those words! LOL!! Both are in their last year in junior high & elementary school - time flies!
Good luck with the voting...you've got mine! xoxoxo

L.A. said...

Great card, as usual! I think a pitcher of lemonade will appear in the 'fridge later today.

I can't beleive you already started with your kids. My students don't arrive until Sept. 4th. (I go in on the 2nd for PD). I know what you mean about first day nerves, this is my 15th year teaching and I still get nervous.

I was a sneaky thing and managed three votes for you. Good luck!

Lori

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful card Michelle!! gorgeous summery colours!! off to vote for you :) xx

Catherine said...

very cute!

i voted already...goodluck to you!

Deborah said...

Love your lemonade card! I tried to vote for you, it wouldn't work! I will try again sweetie! Good luck with the kiddos and have fun at the ol' ball game! Deb

Crafty Connie said...

Super cute card!

Elaine said...

My vote is in!

Great card; I like how you colored the pitcher of lemonade!

Rose Ann said...

This is really yummy!! I love the colors, and glossy lemonade!!

Nikki said...

I so love the lemonade pitcher! You colored in beautifully!