Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What Do I Want for my Birthday?

Yep, today is my birthday! The big 37! So what do I want for my birthday? Not a whole lot......just a vote! Head on over to the JustRite blog and vote for the project you like best! (I am obviously hoping it is mine! LOL!) I am not usually a lucky person....I don't win at BINGO, lottery cards, or the "big basket" at scrap crops......but I did make it in the top 9 at JustRite! To me that is pretty darn lucky and exciting!

We had to make one alterable project and a card. I decided on a glass Christmas ornament. I used the tiny letters from JustRite to create my own sentiment and then stamped on a transparency with Stazon. I then cut the circle with my Nestibilities. I had to roll it to get it in the ornament. With tweezers I carefully glued the sequins in the center. I wanted to create a "window" effect, so I cut another circle out of paper and very carefully held it to the glass, sprayed adhesive over the entire ornament except for where the paper was. While adhesive was tacky, I sprinkled glitter over it. I added some pretty ribbon, and a few embellishments and it was done. (Like 3 days later.....cuz I putzed and putzed, and agonized and agonized some more!)
The card was created using the tiny letters again from JustRite and inked them with Palette Noir. Then used my Nestibilities for the outside circle and again with a smaller circle for the inside. I threaded the wide ribbon through the circle. Instead of using the word, heart, I decided to punch a heart out and sprinkle it with glitter! The paper is SU! and vintage sheet music.

So please take the time to vote! (And if you're looking for something to "get" me for my birthday.....just vote for me! I will be forever indebted to you! : )

40 comments:

Sharon Harnist said...

Michele, your ornament is the most unique use for the stamper I think I've seen yet -- love it! And your card is beautiful!

Tanis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELE!!!! (Yes, it's the invisible stalker here!)
Hope your day was fabulous...
OFF TO VOTE FOR YOU! Good luck!

~amy~ said...

FABulous Michele...love the ornament and your very sweet card!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a good one. I'd love to vote for you. Your ornament is very pretty and I love the card, too. Especially how you tied the ribbon and added the flowers.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!! What a great ornament!! Fabulous!!

Bunny B said...

Happy Birthday Michele!! Fab card! I love it :))

I've voted for you!! You need more people to vote fast!!

Oh...kinda cheeky of me, but could I please ask you (and your readers if they're reading this) to vote for "The Chocolate Conspiracy" over HERE?

Thank you so much!!
xxxx

Hope you have a great birthday!

Fe-Fe said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. I have voted for you. Love your creations, the ornament is gorgeous and I love the card too.

Good luck! Hope you win.

Birthday hugs!
Fe x

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday! Your projects are beautiful. I voted for ya.

Crafty Connie said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I wish you a great day and a fantastic year.
Both of your projects are great and I am off now to vote.

Unknown said...

Happy Bday, although I thought it was in October?? The 14th to be exact. In the future, don't move the date, ok? LOL
glitter??!!....{{shudder}}
That alone deserves to win, I suspect you are still sparkling everywhere as well as Brian, the kids and even the dog. lol

Marlou McAlees said...

hi Michelle!!! just voted for you, your projects are just fabulous!! great work, hope you win!!!! big hugzz xx

Darlene said...

YIPPEE >>> HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Fantastic ornament and your card is awesome!!! Are we allowed to vote more than once?? I'm going to give it a try ... ssshhh, don't tell anyone!!

Donna Baker said...

Happy Birthday! congratulations, your ornament is real nice!

Christi Flores said...

Happy Birthday!! Your card and ornament are gorgeous!!!

liz mataraza said...

Happy Birthday Girl!!! hope you had a fabulous day!

i voted for you.

Rose Ann said...

Your projects are just gorgeous, Michele!! Good luck in the contest!!

Lisa Olson said...

Aw thank you so much for your kind comments and for stopping by my blog, I must say your creations are stunning and very inspirational.

I demonstrate the Cricut but really have only scratched the surface so far.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday :) I hope you had a super day!

I loved what you created for this contest...you got my vote!

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous...love the card! And I already voted...ha ha!

Greta Adams said...

i voted...and happy birthday that ornament is phenomenal...i love how it look like snow and a window...

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your ornament and your card, so pretty. Happy Birthday.

joslyn said...

happy birthday, i will go vote.

Unknown said...

Hi Michele! Just left you a 'birthday present' on the JustRite blog. (Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog).
Viv xx

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! I left a vote for you at Just Rite, I love your card and ornament!

tyrymom29 said...

I love the ornament sooo MUCH its Beautiful~~~~~~

Beate said...

Happy birthday!!!
I love the ornament and card!
Hugs and smiles

Deb Wood said...

Wow thanks for stopping by my lonely blog so I could find yours! It's amazing and you are extremely talented! Everything I see is fabulous!! This card is gorgeous!!

Judy Rozema said...

Hapy Belated Birthday!! Your ornament is so sweet and your card is awesome!!

Cheryl KVD said...

Happy Birthday!! Beautiful projects!

Carolyn King said...

I LOVE both of your entries--the card is fabulous and I love the ornament. Happy birthday and good luck!

Kim Sonksen said...

wowzers - that ornament is awesome and your card is divine.
Good luck for the win!

Oh and Happy Birthday for Tuesaday!!

Unknown said...

such a cute card!!!! And happy b-day!! (it's bit late...)

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Love this ornament and the card!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWza, this is fantastic!!!!

Sending Happy B-day wishes to you, too ... now off to go vote for you!!

Good luck!

~Hugs!!

Ryann said...

Happy belated Birthday Michelle! I'm a Virgo too!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Happy Birthday Blessings!!!

:-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful ornament and love your card too!
Great colors and I love the elegance!

Risa said...

Happy be-lated Birthday wishes to you Michele!
Your ornament and card are both very beautiful!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Sorry I'm late - hope you had a wonderful birthday!! Your ornament is beautiful!

Amy said...

Wow Michelle, your card is stunning!