Saturday, September 13, 2008

Some Pics and a HUGE Thank you!

Last weekend we volunteered at Misericordia. This is a fantastic residential community for disabled persons. Our hope is to someday have a place for Cortney there. It is a happy, warm place with tons of caring people. Every Sept. they have their annual picnic. If you live in Illinois, you are probably familiar with this wonderful organization! Brian, my best friend Jennifer, and myself helped in the BINGO tent. We had our little aprons on and sold BINGO boards. It was a lot of fun! One of the local newscasters was there, Carol Maureen.
This is Kyle running his little Tic-Tac-Toe game.
This is Brian holding up his winning pull tickets. He won $50.00!!! WOOHOO!
This is my bestest friend in the whole world, Jennifer! She has stood beside me in everything I have done. She has a heart of gold, and I am so blessed to have her in my life!

I want to thank all of you for voting at the JustRite blog! I am so EXCITED to say, I won 3rd place! All of the other ladies are super talented and had wonderful projects, and I am honored to have competed with them!

Thank you for your visits to my little 'ole blog....it truly means the world to me!



11 comments:

Fe-Fe said...

It looks like you had a fun day and beautiful weather for it.

Congratulations on coming 3rd too!

Hugs
Fe x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning 3rd! Have fun with your gift certificate!

Risa said...

Congratulations and I am so happy for you!
Thank you for sharing the awesome pictures, looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Darlene said...

Wow Michele ... I'm so glad to hear you at least won 3rd place (you deserved more of course). Looks like your family was having an awesome time ... thanks so much for sharing the photos and tell DH congrats on winning the "bucks"!!

June Houck said...

TFS your pics from your fun day today. It looks like the weather cooperated beautifully too :)

Congrats on winning 3rd place. Kudos to you!

marcibun said...

That looks like a fun day was had by all - congrats to Brian for winning the $50, I'm sure that will come in handy.....and a big congrats to you for winning 3rd in the JRS contest! (although I think you should have won first, but whatever....)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures! Your daughter is the most beautiful young lady and has a fantastic smile. I am so happy you had a great day.
Linda Peterson

Card Creations said...

Wow what a fun day! I bet you all had a blast!

Tonniece said...

First of all Congrats on you 3rd place win.

Looks as though you had a really fun day.

And a very happy belated birthday to you also.

Happy Sunday

Ryann said...

Congrats on winning 3rd place ~ that is really COOL! Looks like you had a great day. How fun!

Rose Ann said...

It looks like you had nice weather for the event. :D Congrats on winning 3rd in the JustRite contest!! Your projects were awesome!!