Thursday, February 24, 2011

3-D Cupcake!

Good morning all! I have a fun little project to share with you today! I decided to make a faux cupcake! I took a styrofoam ball and covered it in texture paste. While it was still wet I sprinkled it with lots of Martha Stewart chunky glitter. I added red and white pearls for sprinkles. The cupcake wrapper was cut using Cindy Loo. The butterfly was cut from Cindy Loo as well. And of course....as would be expected.....glitter was added!

I am in love with Cuttlebug Quilling kits......especially this daisy! I created a large one as well as a smaller one. To create the smaller version, just leave off the largest flower die. I tied some twine around the cupcake and added my flowers.

I am off to work......gotta run! Have a great day!!!

13 comments:

DeeDee said...

Oh Em Gee! This is so stinkin' ADORABLE! I love this idea! You ROCK girlie! HUGS!

greenbean said...

i adore this idea!...i'm thinking you should do up a tutorial!...hint hint!...lol...

oh...and you are totally a glitter goddess!...

Anonymous said...

OMG!! How very yummy and sparkly!! LOVE IT!! HUGS

Rose Ann said...

This looks sooooo yummy, and I love all of the pretty glitter!! Your flowers are so gorgeous as well!! Love this, Michele!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this is toooo cute, Michele!!! Really adorable!
Could you email me your address and last name?
Xo
Cindy

cindylou_20@hotmail.com

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this is toooo cute, Michele!!! Really adorable!
Could you email me your address and last name?
Xo
Cindy

cindylou_20@hotmail.com

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome. Added it to Share the Mojo since it was so amazing!

Jocelyn said...

Oh M GEEEEEEE!!! I love this...I love this..I love this!!!

There did I say it enough!!! My BFF and my daughter are March Birthdays.....I know they would love this!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Too cute - love this color combo!!

Gina Kinde said...

OMG.....I just fell in love with this cupcake of yours. Soooo darn cute. My daughters b-day is March 24, and I would love to make this for her, but I dont want to sound dumb but I dont know what texture paste is, could you fill me in on what exactly you used to make the frosting. Is it something I can buy at my craft store?? Thanks for all your inspiration, keep up the great crafting. ginak1117@att.net

Diane Jaquay said...

ooooh, LOVE this!!!!!!

Evgenia Levitskaya said...

so sweet cake

Got2BCrafting said...

Had this marked as a favorite and returned to look at it , and now it's gone!! :) I hope you do get this published.. it is adorable. Will you have it back on your blog tho??? Thanks.
Lori