Tuesday, February 22, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

Honestly, there really is no place like home. I have been lucky enough to live in my home for the last 19 years. It isn't the biggest house, or the fanciest, but it is the place where we hang up our coats, seek comfort, and create lifelong memories. I am a very lucky girl........

My card today uses the new Wizard of Oz set by Craft Secrets. I colored the image with Copics. I masked the girl and did a bit of Copic Airbrushing to create a sunset behind her. I kept the background fairly simple to keep the focus on the image. The paper is by Papertrey Ink, as well as the ribbon. My card wouldn't be complete with out a border of glitter on two of the panels. ; )


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!!!


16 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful Michele! I love the stamp and your airbrushed sunset is magnificent. Hugs, Chris :)

Jane Wetzel said...

omg...skimming thru my reader...STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING...did I mention Stunning?

Cricket said...

Beautiful card as always Michele! Love the airbrushing and glitter!! Such a cute image too!

blessings,

~amy~ said...

LOVE this...the glitz and the sweetness is wonderful!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Michele...I love this....the colors and all the layers, make it just PERFECT!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

NoraAnne said...

Such a sweet card :) Gotta love the glittered finishing touches!!!

Yoshiras time to craft said...

such a pretty image.love the layering and nice tight bow.tfs

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Michelle.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is just beautiful. The colors are amazing. TFS

Monique said...

Wowza!!! Simply Beautiful!!

Mary said...

Very nice and you're right....there is no place like home. Your sunset is stunning, and you can just imagine Dorothy being sent to far away places as she gets lost in it. Great job!

Faith Abigail Designs said...

This is so beautiful! What a work of art.

Crystal said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Michele Don't I always say that to you ...lol your creations are always so stunning!

Susie said...

Such a fabulous image and card. Lovely work.

Cynthia said...

This is beautiful, Michele!

Carla said...

I saw this on the CS blog and just had to come by and tell you how gorgeous it is!