Thursday, April 7, 2011

New JustRite Set & a Tutorial!

Good morning! I have another brand new project to share with you......AND......a tutorial!!! A few months ago, many of you asked for tutorials. Sometimes I am just lazy and can't seem to remember or get motivated to take pics as I create. But this time.....I remembered to bring my camera to my craft room and snap pics. I can't promise that they are the most wonderful of pictures, but hopefully, you will get the idea of how I made my project! ; ) I used JustRite's newest release, Forever Friends to create a tag for my 3D cupcake. The sentiment was stamped in brown Memento ink and cut out with the small narrow Spellbinder's die from the Happy Everything die set. The frame was stamped in a green ink by Color Box and embossed with clear embossing powder. I tied the top of my tag with dyed seam binding and a vintage button. And just so you know....the tag pulls out of the middle of the cupcake! ; ) At the end of today's post I have a pic with the tag pulled out!

The cupcake holder was cut using my Cricut Expression and the Cindy Loo cartridge. I embellished my birds with little feathers, a button and twine.
Want to know how I created my 3D cupcake? Well......here ya go!

First, you need a styrofoam ball. You need to cut a rectangular hole in the center as wide and as deep as your tag. This takes a bit of patience to cut out the styrofoam, but well worth it in the end!
To cover your cupcake with vanilla "frosting" you will need modeling paste and my favorite glitter.......Martha Stewart's clear course glitter!
Take a popsicle stick or plastic knife and spread your "frosting" like you would real cake frosting. It will dry just the way you apply it.
While the "frosting" is still wet, sprinkle your glitter over it. Stick it in a real cupcake liner to dry.
Once your cupcake is dry enough to handle, hot glue it to a cupcake liner. I do this just so the ball isn't rolling all over the place and it will give you a place to attach your decorative liner to.
I cut my cupcake liner with the Cindy Loo cartridge and Pink Paislee paper. I glued vintage lace to the top and adhered the entire thing to white felt. I did this so my cupcake wrapper is heavier and more substantial to hold my styrofoam ball.
The white felt creates a liner on the inside of the paper. Now you will take your frosted styrofoam ball, with paper liner and glue it to the inside of your decorative cupcake liner.
Here is the project again finished and with the tag pulled out. I did add some pearls and tiny rhinestones for sprinkles!
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today! I am hoping to create more in the near future!

For more ways to use this fabulous new JustRite set be sure to visit these ladies' blogs!











Have a wonderful Thursday!!!

19 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh this is sooooo pretty!!!! Love how you made the icing!!!!

You are so talented and I just enjoy seeing each one of your projects!!

Thanks for sharing the How To!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous and thanks so much for showing us how to make it!

Unknown said...

This is just AWESOME. I love it

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you totally think outside the box. I am so not good at this! I love it and I may need to try it! Hugs and thanks for sharing.

Cricket said...

Michele, this is amazing! Love it!!! Thanks for the tutorial on how to make it!!

blessings,

Unknown said...

Great Michele, thanks for showing us.
Hugs Ageeth

Liz said...

oh how clever I love this ideal, TFS

Unknown said...

Such a lovely cupcake. Thanks for the tutuorial.

Jessica said...

Just gorgeous, pretty enough to eat! Hugs, Jess

Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is gorgeous, Michele!! Thanks for the fabulous tutorial as well!!

Susan said...

Thanks for a great tutorial and a fabulous project. I so admire an imaginative mind!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous, Michele! Such a yummy creation and wonderful tutorial!

Beate said...

Girl....that's gorgeous! You know I am so going to shoot you an email about this! What a great idea.
Hugs and smiles

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great project!! Thanks for all the time you put into this wonderful tutorial : )

CreativeMish said...

Adorable projects and so fun! I love it

Tracey said...

Wow...this is just fabulous, I love it! Thankyou so much for the tutorial too....I can't wait to try it!
Thankyou so much for your kind comments on my blog too!

Anonymous said...

Adorable cupcake. Thanks for the tutorial

-Kit

Susie Jefferson said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm definitely going to make some of these (also a great way to use up my nearly-finished pot of heavy gel paste). Great idea, thanks so much for sharing.

Bonnie Russell said...

Thank you for sharing this tutorial on how to make this incredible cupcake. I really want to make one of these now! You made it look so gorgeous that I would not have attempted to make one if you had not included such a great tutorial. I guess we all get a little intimidated when we see such amazing projects but your clear instructions with pictures encouraged me to go for it. Do you mind if I send you a picture of it when I am finished? Thanks again, Bonnie