Monday, May 2, 2011

Live Your Bliss.....

Good morning to you! Sometimes I love to create just to create. It doesn't happen often because I am usually on deadlines and such with my DT work. But last weekend I had a couple of hours to just play. I had bought these little "Puffies" by K Memories. They were so darling that I made a card with each of them! So today I will show you one of the cards using this adorable blinged out tree! I used some paper by October Afternoon and a few scraps that I had in my stash for the scalloped edges. The circle is a Maya Road chipboard circle that had been painted, inked, glossy accented, and glittered! ( I love that you make any noun into a verb! ; ) The grass was cut using Martha Stewart's fringe scissors. I squashed it, crinkled it, and bent it to give it lots of dimension! I kind of just squished it into the circle and glued it in place. The tag was cut using my Cricut and the Sentimental's cartridge. The sentiment is by Papertrey Ink. I used a bit of seam binding and pearls to finish it off.


And I know lately it seems like the "Cortney blog," but there has been so much going on.....and eventually life will get quiet again and it will be all cards, cards, cards again here! ; ) But for one more day, I have to post about Cort. Why? Because today is her 16th birthday!


Yesterday we visited my MIL and FIL for my FIL's birthday as well as Cort's. My MIL made this cute cake!

Papa helped Cort blow out the candles.......

Can you tell she is belting out, "Happy Birthday dear Papa!" here? ; )

And just to prove that I really do have another child, (He is a bit neglected on the ole' blog these days), here are my two together...........*sigh* Don't they look sweet? ; )

From the bottom of my heart, thank you, thank you, thank you, for all of your sweet comments! It is so heart warming to be able to share with all of you and have it received so kindly.


Have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

Crystal said...

LOVIN your blinged out tree, its soooo wonderful and what great piccys!! Have a wonderful Monday!

~amy~ said...

I 'need' to pick up those puffies..such a sweet card...LOVE the pic of the kids...sooo darling!

Hearts Turned said...

Your sweet girl is just so beautiful, Michele...she looked perfect in those prom pictures! And happy birthday to her--16--WOW!

LOVE your card made for no reason at all--my favorite kind! And you know I'm a fan of anything "glittered"!

Wishing you a lovely day...

Julie

maryvernau said...

Love the card, the cake and all the photos! Such a joy to see and your children are adorable!

1CardCreator said...

Pretty card, Happy Birthday Cort!

Emily said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the puffy tree :) Happy Birthday to Cort as well! Have fun celebrating!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday CORT!!! Wow 16!!!!

Looks like a great time and I love the pic of the two of them!!!!

Your card is just stunning...love the puffy!!!

Wishing you a great week!!!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

They are just too cute! Cort's smile just has a little mischivous (sp?) look to it!

Regina said...

Happy Sweet 16 to Cort and Happy birthday to Papa. Another wonderful day in your life. Love the picture of Cort and her brother. So cute and they look so happy. Love your card to. Will have to check out the puffies. Something new for my daughter and I to try .

Kelly Massman said...

I adore the card and what wonderful photos! TFS! :-)

Vetsy said...

Michele, thank you for stopping by Vetsy's View. You are very creative. I love the card it's very unique and pretty.

Happy Birthday to your daughter..her and her brother look so sweet together in the photo, family photos and events always bring a smile to one's face. Have a beautiful day!

lindalou said...

Great card. So much dimension. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It makes my day. Hope you continue and even follow.

Glad to meet another cardmaker, even if I've been in a bit of a creative dry spell.

Sandy O said...

WOW, what a great card. I love how the grass turned out. I have been wondering how well those scissors worked. It looks like they are well worth the money.

Nouns into verbs, LOL, I ike that too!

The cake looks so yummy (I have more than one sweet tooth ;o) and the pictures look like you all had so much fun. Thank you for sharing them.

CreativeMish said...

What an adorable card! I love that puffy and that cake is so cute!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your 3-D tree is great. Nice design and layout. Happy Birthday to the birthday girl.