Friday, May 6, 2011

Sending You Sunshine!

Can you believe it is Friday AND the sun is actually shining here? Today is supposed to feel like spring........finally! On top of that goodness I have two cards to share with you today! I know.....it's a rare thing here on the ole' blog.....don't know what got into me! ; )

JustRite is releasing its 3rd new set called Sending You Sunshine. It is such a great set because it combines beautiful images to color along with great sentiments. My first card was a "colored" card!
The main image was colored with my Copics. I stamped the image again, colored one of flowers a second time, cut it out, glossy accented it, and adhered it to the image. The rest of the image was also glossy accented. I added teeny pearls to their centers. The sentiment was stamped with a olive Color Box ink. Image and sentiment were cut out using my circle Spellbinder's die. The oval and fancy tag are also by Spellbinders called, Fancy Tags Three. And as usual.....not to surprise anyone in the least, they were glittered!


The paper is Basic Grey's Lime Ricky paper pack.


For my next card I cut a tree with my Cricut machine. I stamped my sentiment with a pink Color Box ink and cut it out using a circle Spellbinder's die. I also cut out a scalloped circle to place behind it. The tree was cut at 3" and was Cuttlebugged using the Swiss Dots folder. The edges were then glittered. The trunk was embossed with a Papertrey Ink wood grain impression plate. The frame in the background is also a Cuttlebug embossing folder. (I've tried looking it up on the site and am unable to locate it......not sure why!)


This card is a bit lumpy and bumpy.......just the way I like it! ; )






Would you like to see some lovely projects created with this set by the rest of our talented DT? Be sure to pop on over to their blogs!!!


JustRite Inspiration Blog

Sharon Harnist

Debbie Olson

Michele Kovack < ------ ME! ; )

Kathy Jones

Angela Barkhouse

Mona Pendleton

Stephanie Kraft

Heidi Blankenship

Sankari Wegman

Becca Feeken

Have a wonderful weekend and a very happy Mother's Day to you!!!!! : )

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Great cards. I love the bling and those trees.

Gabriela said...

I'm a huge proponent of "lumpy and bumpy"! Just love this.

McStamper said...

Michele, I love, love your trees. Such a fantastic card that I will definitely have to try and duplicate. Thanks for your inspiration.

Cely said...

I love your style! I'm terrible at copics so I don't even own any! LOL! Your Cricut card is so awesomely shabby chic and I'm in LOVE! :)

Anonymous said...

So stunning and detailed!! I love them both!! Thanks for sharing! *Vicki* from Stamped Smiles

Debbie Olson said...

michele, you are absolutely blowing me away with your lovely creations--you ROCK!

Allison Rankin said...

That card with the Lime Rickey blows my mind (only because that DP scares me)! I absolutely love your second card!

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely amazing duo of cards Michele!!! So much detail and fab colours!!

Anonymous said...

Very `Gorgeous` Lots of beautiful eye candy to catch up with Michelle:)!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend:) x

CreativeMish said...

Wow! So beautiful! I especially love the dimension on those tree's

jan metcalf said...

Drop dead GORGEOUS!!! Love your card and creativity!

Unknown said...

Cleverly put together cards. Love the mosaic effect of your Lime Ricky
creation. Your tree card is inspirational!

Beth said...

I just love all of your cards, thanks for inspiring me.

Unknown said...

hiya!

thanks for inspiring me. i have cased your card over at http://craftycowcreations.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/you-mean-world-to-me.html

cheers clare