Thursday, December 10, 2009

2008 Christmas

The current challenge over at Noel Mignon's Challenge Blog, is a holiday theme with lots O' BLING! Unfortunately, I think some of my scrappin' mojo has left town......I fiddled with this LO for hours and finally had to say #%@!! it! Then on top of it, the lighting hasn't been very good for taking pics, so it came out a bit dark. In any event, the picture of my family from last year was at least a good one of all of us. Everyone is smiling and everyone looks good. I used Noel's Dear Santa kit. (sold out) For my bling, I used glittery paper, my homemade snowflakes, rhinestones, and little mirrors for the tree.
......and I incorporated a JustRite stamp into my title! (It was left over from another project, and I have a tendency to save eeeeeeeverything! Call it a sickness!)
My vintage inspired snowflake.......and a glittered heart.

Go ahead, don't leave a comment.....it probably isn't worth a comment anyway! LOL! MAke sure you check out the other DT gals though.....because their projects are Beeeeautiful! : )
***********************************
It's that time of the year at school again, for Santa's Secret Shop. You remember the place don't ya? It's where you go and buy those dollar store finds for everyone on your list. It's where I as their teacher get many earrings, necklaces, and coffee mugs. ( I have LOTS of coffee mugs!) So I gladly accept their sweet offerings and even put on those earrings........and remember what it was like to buy for those you care about. Picking out the perfect gift......even if it does turn your ears green! They are the sweetest........It makes me realize everyday that I picked the right profession. Love those kids.
Have a fabulous Thursday!

15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am sooooooooooooooo NOT leaving a comment for U!!! LOL LOL LOL!!! Girl! U crack me up!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this LO!!! That TREE ROCKS!!!!!!!! And ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm can I get your addy....I wanna make sure I can send U some "I promise...your ears won't turn green" earrings for Christmas!! LOL LOL LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

cheryl said...

love this think its great so love the snowfalke and the tree too love cheryl xxx

Jocelyn said...

Love this one girlie...I am not creating at all....just way tooo busy so Kudos to you for getting something done!!!

Have a great day and fun with the shopping!!

Jingle said...

This is fantastic! I really love that tree and I LOVE the tree TOPPER!!! So cute!

Carla said...

This was well worth the time, and clearly a case of you being too hard on yourself. Sometimes when we work with a project for a long time, we aren't reasonable about the outcome.

Stef H said...

what? everything you do is worth a comment. even if it is ugly!!!!! only kidding. this page is absolutely fabulous!

hugs,

Erin Smetak said...

I don't think this is bad at all! I like the abstract look of it! We ARE our own worst critics! ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a really gorgeous layout!! That tree rocks and I love how you take a year look back at last Christmas!! :) What a treasure!! HUGS

Allison Rankin said...

Oh wow Michele...this is so pretty!

Jana Eubank said...

You crack me up, Michele! I soooo know that feeling . . . where things just aren't coming together how you want it to. ;) I ADORE the mini mirrors on the tree! And I love all the layers!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh I love it. And the family picture is beautiful. Love the tree. You silly thing, it's a great lo

Mary said...

I think it is very creative.

Danni said...

I love this!! How wonderful!

Lisa Foster said...

Are you crazy? Ummm...you must be!! This is so fabulous!!!! I love everything about it!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Rose Ann said...

You always create the most gorgeous pages, Michele!! This is wonderful!!