Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Scraplift With Sun-Kissed!

Good morning! After the torrential downpour and flash flood warnings we had last night, I am so happy to see the sun today! My kids are excited to swim today! At 7 this morning, I turned our pool heater on! Woohoo! Can't wait!

I have a LO to share with you today that I scraplifted off of fellow DT member at Noel Mignon, Diana. She created this adorable LO about her child's Lovie. I knew instantly I wanted to create a similar LO. Diana's use of paint, DP, and white space were so appealing and eye catching to me! And I love her photo!

Here is my version of her LO. When Kyle was 2 his Grandma gave him this stuffed frog at Easter. He named it "Froggy." Since then, this little green guy has traveled with us on every vacation and many, many road trips. Now that Kyle is 13, he doesn't go everywhere with us, but I will still find Kyle snuggled with his "Froggy" late at night.

I used Noel Mignon's Sun-Kissed kit (sold out), and some American Craft's buttons and doily, from my stash.

"Froggy" looks pretty good for being 11 years old. (Which probably translates to many more years in stuffed animal life! LOL!) He has been washed and sewn more times than I can count.

I need to get a few things done before lounging by the pool...... : ) Hope you have a wonderful day!!!! : )

9 comments:

jaydee said...

Michelle. I love your froggy page! the yellow green theme is fresh and the little froggy stamp at the bottom of the page wit the flower really works so well. Your journaling is intimate and informative. I love that froggy is still going strong (with a little surgery!) after all these years.
Enjoy your swim in the pool.
Hugs
Jaydee

Amy said...

Both of these are just beautiful Michele!!

Riet said...

Ohhh Michele,So beautiful,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jocelyn said...

Love the LO!!!! We have an Old Bunny...so now I have to find pics and do a LO!!!

You must have sent your rain and storms this way....we are under a all kind of massive storm warnings!!!

Have a wonderful time lounging by the pool!!! :-)

Allison Rankin said...

You are becoming one of my scrap idols! I love the subject...gotta steal it!

Regina Easter said...

this is one fun, fantastic layout...hugs

Silli said...

BIG smile, your Lo´s are very pretty...love the froggy!

Carol L said...

What a darling scrapbook page featuring Froggy! I think the stuffed toys our children snuggle with are ageless friends and it's so sweet that you'll always have those treasured memories to remember with this wonderful layout! TFS, and enjoy your swim :)

Cindy Haffner said...

MICHELE your work is GORGEOUS!!