Friday, June 18, 2010

How About a Ray of Sunshine Today?

I am patting myself on the back right now for incorporating 3 of my favorite companies together to make today's card! (pat, pat, pat!) I used paper and a flower stamp from Noel Mignon's Sun-Kissed kit, a JustRite sentiment, and a Cutting Cafe' Sun Template! I printed the sun template and cut it out. Then I stamped JustRite's Seeds of Kindness (1 5/8) set in Black Momento ink. The butterfly was colored with Copics and the image was cut out using my Spellbinders. The edges were then inked with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in frayed burlap. The little flower stamp behind my JR sentiment was in the Sun-Kissed kit and is by Imaginence. I stamped it and cut it out to create an extra layer behind my sentiment.

I added a bit of ribbon and some cheery stick pins. The front of the sun opens up so that you can write a little somthin' somethin' in there! : )
Busy weekend ahead of me! I am teaching a crafty banner class in Evanston IL tonight. Tomorrow I have a graduation party and Sunday is Father's Day! Hope you have a sunshine filled weekend!!! : )

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Super cute and creative! I love it!

Regina Easter said...

i'll say this is beyond fantastic Michele...love all the different elements you used...hugs

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful colors, fun template! The stick pins look so cute!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

It doesn't get any sunnier than this! What a delightful card! I love the uniqueness of it.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so cute and creative, and these are my favorite colors :) Love it!

~jan said...

How perfectly sunny! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

ohhh this is so FUN!!!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Michele!!! This is so bright and cheerful - what an awesome card!!!!

Riet said...

Wowwww Michele,So beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Allison Rankin said...

This rocks...love all the brights!

1CardCreator said...

Love this!
Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Rose Ann said...

This is so fun, and so pretty as well!! I love how unique it is!!