Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Creepy Carnival-New Release!

I know we are only in August, but Halloween is popping up everywhere!  I am normally the cutesy Halloween gal, but I have to admit, I really loved working with these creepy images!
Whimsy Stamps has done it again!
 I've gone to the dark side! LOL.  
For my first card I knew I had to use this clown....because what is scarier than a clown? It is part of the Creepy Carnival Midway Tickets stamp set.  I colored him in with colored pencils and then cut him out. I added a tiny red ball from my stash for his nose.  
I framed him using the Forever Cameo set.  I inked it up and then used a generous amount of crackle paste.  Once it was dry, I added some black distress crayon to the cracks.  I backed the frame with the black and white striped paper from the Vintage Carnival paper pack.  I layered the clown, frame, and striped paper.  The background was done using the checked paper from the same paper pack.  I grunged it up a bit with inks and splatter.  I used the Creepy Carnival tickets stamps and dies to layer over the background.  I added a few stars and a large arrow from the Build a Marquee die set.  As a final touch I added some tea stained mummy cloth by tucking it haphazardly behind the frame. 
The little red ball was a perfect fit for his nose! 
My second card uses most of the products mentioned above.  I stamped the image and colored it with colored pencils.  I splattered the background and stamped the sentiment.  The frame was from the same paper pack and I added grit paste to it after inking it with brown ink. I had a bought a bag of Styrofoam bones at the dollar store and inked it up a bit with brown ink.  I added the bone and some ribbon to the bottom of the card. 

Thank you for stopping by today!! 














 

1 comment:

Kris Anderson, The Avid Reader said...

Great Halloween cards. My favorite is the first one with the clown holding the knife with the tickets. You have given me inspiration. Halloween is my favorite holiday!