Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Shaker Box & Cuttlebug Kids!

I don't know why I HAD to have this die cut by Cuttlebug....I guess I am drawn to anything cute! So the day I got it I had to play. I haven't made a shaker box in years and decided it would be fun to make one again. I used the negative space from my oval scallop punch. I cuttlebugged the transparency in the background (IF you click on it you might see it....it is pretty subtle) I filled it with iridescent sequins for the snow. The paper is from Paper Salon which I sewed....yes, I AM on quite the sewing kick these days.....not clothes....just cards! I stamped the sentiment on white twill, added a black polka dot photo corner....which by the way, is a the back side of Martha Stewart's Halloween paper pack! I thought it needed a little black to balance the black in the penguin. And last but not least, I used some OLD acrylic snowflakes, tied some white floss, and it was done.

15 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is so cute, love the stitching and paper mix, hate to say it but my cuttlebug is rather dusty.

sophia landry said...

what a cute fat penguin! I love cute things to, and you did a great job with your shaker card!

Bevie Pearl said...

cute card. I love shakers....they are so fun!!

Unknown said...

I haven't made a shaker in years too, this is very cute Michele, I like the little guy and look at all that sewing...Wow.

joslyn said...

this is cute. wow on all the stiching! very nice. love the touch of black polkadots.

Anonymous said...

That little guy is too cute! Great shaker card!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! where did you find the cuddlekids! Im looking for them! we love al things penguin and need this one lol. great card!

Deborah said...

Darling card, I love the stitching. TFS- Deb

My Paper World said...

Very cute! I love the stitching!

Andrea, said...

So cute

Selena said...

This little guy's cute too, love the "pieced" look of this card!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this one, but it is very cute! I tried one of these shaker cards and.....well lets just say yours turned out better than mine. :o)

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Thanks for sharing this idea - I have a ton of cute metallic confetti that's larger, and I wanted to use it in shaker cards but couldn't figure out how to without completely obscuring the image behind...duh - put the image in front. Very cool.

Dina

Rose Ann said...

Adorable shaker card! I love all the sewing as well! Super!

Stampindamour said...

CUTE CARD!!!!