Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Another Attempt at Soldering!

I am definitely NOT an expert at soldering! There is a learning curve with this whole thing! I have been having trouble with the jump rings and such. I had my son hold the jump ring so I could touch the area around it with the soldering gun. All he kept saying to me was, "Please, don't burn me, please don't burn me!" Of course I was EXTRA careful! I can't quite get it as smooth as I'd like.....but I guess with practice I will get better.....I hope! I have one of those metal trees in my living room that you hang small photo frames on....so this is where this one is going!

Well, my washing machine is finally fixed! And only at the small price of $193.00! (Insert sarcasm there!) Guess this means I need to do laundry!

19 comments:

Joanne said...

It turned out great Michelle! Very pretty...

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I love the colors and the dangling beads. Too funny about your son! Soldering is on my "someday" to do list. I need someone in my area who has all the supplies for it so I can practice and see if it's something I would actually do, you know?

Heather Grow said...

This is really pretty.

~amy~ said...

WOW!! Love it...FABulous job!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Love your project, that is funny that your son thought you were going to burn him!!

Unknown said...

Oh yikes about your washer! I just love your soldering and photo! So special! I've been wanting to give this a try! SUper cooL!

Ashley said...

Oh, this is so beautiful! It really turned out awesome!!! I hope you have a beautiful day! Hugs, Ash~

Anonymous said...

Wow Mihelle your soldering is beautiful...I love it:)x

Crafty Connie said...

That frame is great! You did a wonderful job. Hope you can make a dent in your piles of laundry.

Heather said...

This is so pretty! I can't imagine going to the "soldering" level yet-- I'm already into so much stuff. Did you know that they make glass slides & metallic tapes for projects kinda like this? That way you wouldn't have to worry about injuries ;)

Alex said...

I think it turned out great Michele - it's gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deb Wood said...

WOW soldering, cool but not me! This is way awesome though!!

Debbie Olson said...

Great job, Michele! BTW, you might consider one of these babies: http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm?page=itemView&itemsysid=196847

HTH!

Debbie Olson said...

Okay, that link isn't working, but if you go to www.delphiglass.com and look up tools, there is something called extra hands (or extra eyes extra hands). It has clamps that rotate 360 degrees and can hold hot things for you while you work. Mine has a magnifying glass as well. HTH!

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful. My mom has one of those trees too! This is so much nicer than the store bought ones. Great job.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Well, for not claiming to be an expert, it looks pretty darn perfect to me! Gorgeous in fact!

Elaine said...

I think it looks great!

Jenn said...

Ok!!! This is fabulous!! So cute!!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness, this is really awesome!! Beautiful job!!