Thursday, July 17, 2008

Espressly for You!

This was one of those cards that started with no plan at all....just had the paper and stamp out and one thing led to another! The background stamp is by Hampton Arts. The little coffee stamp is by Hero Arts, and the coffee rings are by CHF. I colored two images with Copics. I cut and layered the cups with a pop dot. I wanted the "steam" to adhere directly to the cup (Which is popped out), so I used brown liquid applique directly on a transparency. I did not heat it because I wanted it to look dark and wet. When it was dry I cut around the steam and glued it directly to the cup. I stamped a couple of coffee beans and used crystal effects on them. I then cut those out and adhered everything to the glittered heart by Melissa Frances. The sentiment was cut out using my Nestibilities. I finished it off with some brown, plaid ribbon and cream colored floss.



Well, I went to the Copic class with Simone today. The class was taught by Marianne Walker. (Check out her blog if you are looking for some great tips on using your Copics) This woman is an amazing artist! She draws and colors like nobody's business! I learned some great techniques that I am hoping to play with more soon! I did manage to color a few images today, so I am hoping to make cards out of 'em!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Annapurna said...

Wow! It took me a while to go through all your blogs that I could. You are such a great inspiration. Love your idea of making sketches with magazine pages.

Most my cards start with no plan or a totally different plan. Great job with all the details on this one.

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I love coffee. This card is an absolute DELIGHT! I love the colors and can almost smell the coffee brewing right off the computer screen. FABULOUSLY done! TFS!

Allison Rankin said...

What a super layout Michele! Love the layering of items around the coffee!

Anonymous said...

OH, this is super cute!!! I'm glad you left a link to your blog - it's going in my sidebar. Love this card!!

Rose Ann said...

This is really awesome, and I love those fine details!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Literally this card looks YUMMY!!! What a fun card with lots of good details!

Anonymous said...

OK ! How stinkin' cute is this ?! Coffee, close to my heart ! LOL .... I love it girl !
PS ~ Hugs to Bruno for me !

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Very cool card...
I love it but it's reminding me how much I would love a cup of coffee right now, but cannot - 5 months pregger :(

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

That coffee cup is just fabulous! I have missed so much since being on vacation!