Wednesday, July 1, 2009

JustRite's Newest Release....Thinking of You

JustRite is on a roll with these new releases! All of them are so pretty and I love that many of the images now are able to be colored! Sometimes coloring can be very calming and therapeutic....at least for me. : ) (Or maybe there is a part of me that never grew up......?)


My first card uses the bouquet of flower's image. I colored it using my Copics and then decided to try the Flower Soft I had bought awhile back....and never used! I love the dimension this stuff gives to a project! I did quite a bit of distressing, inking, and a bit of sewing. The paper is by K & Company, and the ribbon is Papertrey Ink. I wanted to include a sentiment and decided to "borrow" Debbie Olson's idea of cutting the tops so you can "bend" the sentiment to fit around an oval or circle.




Check out the JustRite Blog for other projects and inspiration!
*****Kyle and I watched the Harry Potter movie last night, The Goblet of Fire. We made popcorn, curled on the couch, and had some quality time together. I have been reading these books to him for the past 2 years. We will be starting book 5 tonight. Let me just tell ya how long it takes to get through those books, when you read out loud...... a VERY long time! It will probably be Christmas before we finish it! I am so glad that he still likes me to read to him. (He is going into 7 th grade) I know at some point he will want to stop......but for now, I just enjoy this time we have. He is getting his braces on next week, his little boy face is going to start changing.....exciting, but kind of sad. (For his mom anyway)
My girl started back at summer school this week. She couldn't be happier! She loves seeing her teachers and all of her friends. IT has been cool here, so no swimming anyway. She got a haircut last week, and I took an incredible picture of her, that I had to scrap right away. I will post that tomorrow!
Don't forget to enter your name in my BLOG CANDY! Go HERE to enter!
Have a fabulous Wednesday!!!!!

14 comments:

Tracey said...

An absolutely gorgeous card Michele!

Gabriela said...

I'm swooning over this bouquet card. Imagine all that gentle sponging on each tiny little lettered piece! I'm duly impressed.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michele,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

hugs Riet.x

Rose Ann said...

Wow...so gorgeous, Michele!! I love how you've done the sentiment, and your use of the Flower Soft!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle. That background paper is lovely -- looks like K&Co? Great use of the flower soft, too.
Have a great holiday weekend --
Louise

Jocelyn said...

Oh that card is stunning!!! The flowers look like you could actually smell them!!!! You are so talented!!!!! Glad that Cort is loving summer school!!!! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Stunning!!!!

Jessica said...

This is so pretty, Michele! I love the stitching and the bow and the flower soft. Great embellishing!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Michele, this card is just lovely... i think it's my favorite of yours, ever!

Michele Roos said...

Oh wow this is stunning Michele. Love the image and the way you've added the flower soft. Hugs another Michele with one L :0)

Denise Clark said...

Just beautiful! I love the intricate ribbon treatment! And I also love the way you did the sentiment. Very pretty!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I bought some of that new flower soft, but I have yet to use it. I love your card! I love the soft papers, the ribbon/embellie treatment, how you did the sentiment. Its so romantic looking. Well done!

Kathy Jones said...

A truly gorgeous card Michele!!! Love how you used the flowersoft and the sentiment looks SO COOL!!! Good luck with your son's braces and looking forward to seeing your daughter's scrap page!

Tracy.H said...

This is so beautiful!! :0)