Friday, September 11, 2009

Odds and Ends........

What a sweet day I had yesterday! I so appreciate all the birthday wishes from all of you sweet talented woman! At school, my coworkers baked a cake, and gave me some thoughtful gifts. One of the teachers paraded her entire 4th grade into my room to sing Mickey's rendition of Happy Birthday. By the time they were done, my 5th graders had joined in! (And I had that song stuck in my head allllllll day!) Then, the secretary of our school walks in with these beauties.......
...........from my hubby! My students ooooooohhhhed and aaaaahhhhhhed over them! (Of course I did too!) I guess I'll keep him around for awhile! : ) Hubby and I are taking a Spanish class together, and it started last night. So we sat side by side, listening and learning.......together. It was kind of nice.......

Then, when I got home I had a bunch of messages on the machine from family and friends! On top of all of that I got a few sweet gifts from some of my blogger pals.....and gorgeous cards! (I will try and take pics of them and post them soon!)

Most of you know that I redid my scrap room. It wasn't that my old scrap room was bad.....just outdated and dusty. (13 years will do that to a room!) So it was time to freshen up a bit, reorganize, purge, and make my space more usable. So here it is in all its glory!
This is the view as you walk in my door.......
The Making Memories cabinets were a gift from my hubby and MIL!

This is my sewing desk that also houses my "new" TV that my mom gave to me! : )

New curtains!!!! So glad my MIL can sew! (Remember.....I can only sew on paper, people!)

This is the view if you are sitting on my couch. Don't ya love that white ribbon/punch organizer? It was pulled from a neighbor's trash pile.........gotta love anything functional AND free!

And finally, my desk. I know......I have too many stamps.....but believe it or not....I actually got rid of/sold tons of them! You can only imagine how many I must have had before the redecorating!
I ADORE this pink chandelier from my MIL. It was another birthday present to me.......I am so spoiled! : )

The room is pretty much done, but I still have a few decorative pieces to put up on some of the bare walls. My TV will eventually go on a corner shelf. It will be my work in progress, I guess.
And for my family and friends who may have forgotten what my children look like......here is a pic of my two from the zoo a few weeks ago. : )


Thanks for making my birthday so special......thanks for always taking the time to visit me. It truly brings a smile to my face and brightens my day!
Happy weekend! (Oh! I almost forgot.....I am finally going out with hubby alone.....on a date!!!! THIS SATURDAY! WOOOHOOO!)







14 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Sounds like a dreamy birthday! LOVE your craft room--beautiful with the pink, black & white--what a MIL! She loves you!!! Enjoy it while you create some more pretties for use to look at!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that the kids came to sing to U...and yumyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy roses....and YOUR ROOM....OMYGOSH YOUR ROOM!!!! Can I come over and play??? Please??? Pretty PLEASE!?!?!?! hehehehehehehe!! :):):):):) That PINK chandelier just ROCKS.....and loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photo of the kids at the zoo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

I am so glad that you had such a PERFECT Birthday!!!! How cute that they children sang for you!!! That must have been heartwarming!!! Oh my....I adore your room...the color is perfect...all organized and clean.....I must say...I want to come right over and play!!! Love the pic of your two sweeties!!!! Just adore you!!! :)

Jingle said...

That sounds like SUCH a fabulous day! Your room looks amazing!!! Beautifully done!

Jana Eubank said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! Your room is AWESOME!!! What a fun space to work in! :) (I'll be right over! ;) ) Your kids are darling. That hat Cort is wearing is so fun!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Michelle, sounds like you had a great birthday! Happy belated birthday wishes:)
The craft room looks great, really like the hot pink!

Lisa Foster said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful one! I'm so happy...you deserve it!!!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new room!! That pink ROCKS!!!! Fab photo of the kids too!!! Have fun on your date!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Jessica said...

Well good for you! A date with hubby is always good! I'm glad to hear your birthday was so great. Love the facelift on your room, Love the color! And yes you are spoiled, but I'm sure it's only because you are such a sweetie, they can't help themselves!

mary stuart said...

Beautiful roses - delivered at school and just when you had your 4th grade singing parade! What a wonderful celebration! Sweet husband - roses and Saturday night date! Sounds like he takes after your MIL at being so thoughtful!!
You are so blessed with such a lovely family.
Have fun on your date tonight!
Love your room! So organized!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you had a great day.
Your room looks fabulous!!!

kathleenh said...

Happy birthday Michele! It sounds like you had a fabulous day!

Your craft room looks so fun and girly!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Happy Birthday!! Your craft room is great...love that chandelier, what a nice touch!!!

~Terry

Darlene said...

OMGosh ... I am so far behind! I am so sorry I missed your birthday Michele! So here's a VERY HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY wish for you!! Sounds like you had wonderful fun and your crafting room is AWESOME ... Love the pink chandelier ... perfect!!! And I love when you share photos of the kids ... they have the greatest smiles!! Happy Day my friend!!

Ladybug said...

LOVE your scraproom. That chandelier is simply beautiful, as are your kids!!! Love how you spelled Cortney's name. :-)