Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You and JustRite

This week's sponsor at 2Sketches4You is JustRite. If you play along this week, you have the opportunity to win a $100.00 gift certificate. Woohoo! How generous is JustRite?!!! : ) I love the sketches that Laura and Kazan come up with and I was so glad I found a bit of time to play along.

I used the JustRite stamp, Birthday Wishes and Border set. I colored it in with my Copics and also airbrushed it. The paper is old book paper and Making Memories. Of course I had to throw in a little paper doily too! : )



Hope you can play along with us this week! : )
**********************************************************
So here is the deal with my van. It only cost me $30.00 bucks. Yep. Apparently, I had a furniture button lodged in the tread of my tire. (Which was causing the loud thumping noise. How the heck does one get a furniture button stuck to one's tire??) It didn't rupture the tire, so the tire was still good. I was all happy until the mail came with a $100.00 ticket. I guess driving to my Spanish class a couple of weeks ago, I didn't come to a long enough stop at the red light. I guess sitting for 3 seconds is not enough. (How do I know? Because the state sends you pics that are time elapsed. Isn't that nice of them?) I think I am going to try and contest it. So my day ended up costing me a grand total of $130.00! : (
Well it is what it is.....no use crying over spilled milk....or something like that! Have a great one!

13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love your card and the Sketch is adorable!!!! YAY for the cost of repair to the van....BOOOOOO to the ticket!!!! Wishing you a great day!!! :-)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful!! I just love your use of the sketch with the doilie and that perfect image!! Great card!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Awesome sketch, love your take on it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I guess we have to take the good with the bad...good that $30.00 ain't a lot and badddddddddddddddd that U didn't sit at the light for 2 more seconds!! LOL!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the card....GORGEOUS!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Crystal said...

WOW this is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE the added lace, that is such a pretty touch!! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Michelle:)
Your card is `gorgeous` Love all the lace..I must ctach up on all your delicious creations..Yum Yum..
Hope you have a better week this week....
lotsa loves:)xxx

Jana Eubank said...

Beautiful card! I love the doily, lace and pearls. :)

mary stuart said...

Darling card! Love that stamp!
Hope you win the 2S4Y prize!
Great news about your van.
i thought the law was just come to a complete stop, didn't have any time limit!
they really have a cash cow with those camera traps!
Good luck if you contest it.

DeeDee said...

Sorry about the ticket. Happy the repair was inexpensive. :)

cnelson said...

Gorgeous card! That doilie is the perfect touch!

Denise Clark said...

Love the vintage cottage kind of appeal of your card! Just gorgeous. The doily and newspaper along with the colors reminds me of cottage decor. Love that sentiment too.

Is there a difference between cardmaking scrapbookers and scrapbooking cardmakers? LOL

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love how you used your JustRite's with the sketch :)
Hugs
K

Regina Easter said...

OH MY OH MY....I LOVE THIS