Monday, November 29, 2010

Altered Memo Board

Good morning! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mine was a busy one! Saturday we had lunch with my aunt who was in from out of town, did lots of Christmas shopping afterwards, and yesterday my little family and I went downtown to walk Michigan Ave. We saw the lights, walked tons, visited the LEGO store, ate at the Cheesecake Factory, and enjoyed being together.

I have an altered memo board to share with you today. It was a little cheap one dollar magnetic thing from Target. I used October Afternoon papers and my Cricut George & Basic Shapes cartridge to cut the various sized circles. The smallest yellow circle and large cream circle were hand stitched. The word "Love" was cut using the Sweethearts cartridge using cream paper and glittered. And last but not least, the large flowers were cut using the Accent Essentials cartridge. I cut it twice, inked the edges and layered them on top of one another for dimension.

I altered some clips I had in my stash with smaller flowers cut from Accent Essentials, buttons, and lots of glitter! I love that the clips stay in place and all I have to do is swap out the photos.
Do you think they have a self-help group to help me combat my obsession with glitter? ; )

The 3 buttons were threaded together......I was way too lazy to do each one individually!
Hope y'all have a great day! I am off to work! I was a bit spoiled having the last week off.......back to reality! : )

19 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this Michele!!! I loveeeeeeeee those photos and the way you strung the buttons together! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Such a clever idea Michele!! I love it!! :)

ScrappyMama said...

Sooooo pretty!!! I sure hope they don't have anything to get you over your glitter obsession...you always do a beautiful job with it!! Thanks for sharing!

JennyKozar said...

I love this Michele - when you find the support group for the glitter let me know. I think I sparkled all weekend! HAHAHA

Jenny kozar

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Michele.. I love the touches of glitter. I really miss Michigan Ave.. Grew up outside of Chicago and it was a staple for the holidays.. Hope it was warm..:)

Jocelyn said...

Love this one Michele!!!!! What wonderful photos and the colors are just Fabulous!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Super cute!

Dina said...

Way cute and creative....you always have such great ideas!

Riet said...

This is so gorgeous Michele.

Hugs Riet.x

Allison Rankin said...

Super fab Michele! I love that it is a circle too!

CreativeMish said...

Very nice! I love it!

Anonymous said...

бесплатные песни
[url=http://remuz.ru/345-noize-mc.html]mp3 noize mc[/url]
скачать музыку 2010
[url=http://remuz.ru/243-lady-gaga.html]слушать lady gaga[/url]

Anonymous said...

This was pretty provided that there are a lot of out there just waiting for the right.

Ruby said...

What a lovely project! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Never place your UGG Boots in a really washing machine. I use a cleaner straight from your Knitted UGG Boots producer but you may get this from the store that sells

Uggs. Make particular the cleaner you purchase especially states it could possibly be employed on sheepskin.UrDornen search for out life.[b][url=http://www.uggshoes1.com]Ugg Shoes[/url][/b] Ju the courageous selection and to mp more

than a different place of view.ugg classic short boots just isn¡¯t ablaze. 18-carat utilize environmenalpiney affable coveringings along with additives, accoutrement

agleam is definitely so ablaze, animate blushs in addition to bendable. shearing artisan

commenced to work with acceptance around to be able to tie up towards panic to accumulate warm. In the 20th aeon, 30 several years, these people started to work with

that blubbering? In the calendar year 1933, one particular accession stated abject Ugg Sheepskin Boots started to capacity ugg

shoes or boots within the country side western involving Sydney. adequate novice, aboveboard jaw Otto appeared to be that favorable architect, in addition to offers

made because CEO right up until AUGUST 2005.

Anonymous said...

Mate. Blog ini adalah luar biasa. Bagaimana saya membuat tampilan ini bagus?

Anonymous said...

chicagoland range rover dealerships chevrolet headlight lens clifton texas dodge hire car insurance 1995 ford probe specs

Anonymous said...

japan car parts auction fergus falls mn gmc amesbury auto in car camera free car radio decoding