Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Warmest Wishes!

Sometimes I don't know where my brain is.......I think it gets a bit too full at times, I make really, really dumb mistakes! Like forgetting to post this card for last week's JustRite release! Oooops! So my motto is, don't sweat the small stuff, and laugh when you want to cry......and better late than never! ; ) JustRite has released this darling set illustrated by Diane Arthurs, called Warmest Wishes. Another fun set to color!I used my Copic markers to color this sweet snowman to match my designer paper. Which I believe is by Cosmo Cricket. I love deviating from the traditional reds and greens of Christmas! I added accents of glitter using glossy accents and Martha Stewart glitter. I used 2 Spellbinder's oval dies to create a sort of shadow box for the image and popped it up on dimensional foam circles. The back layer was cut using Spellbinder's Labels 14 die.

I added bits of lace and rhinestones, tied some seam binding, and added a stick pin to dressy it up a bit!
I truly enjoyed reading what everyone was doing for the 4th! It was like a nice little visit with each of you! My 4th was pretty laid back. We stayed home for most of it and swam. ( A LOT!) We grilled, played a few games with Kyle outdoors, had a bonfire, and just enjoyed each other's company. I was out of my craft room for 3 full days. It felt really good to take a break. : )

Here are a few pics from our parade on Friday night! Here is my 14 year old..........he wasn't sure if maybe he was "too cool" to attend the parade! (I twisted his arm!; )
My girl enjoying the sounds and sights!
Even my husband enjoyed it........
The Shriner's guys...........such a great organization!
.....The Windy City Trolley......
.....and an advertisement for Waterloo.......I just thought their float was fabulous! It had a bubble machine and music......the works!
I am headed to a doctor's appt. today with Cortney. It always makes for a long day..........

Have a wonderful Tuesday!!! : )

3 comments:

Diane Hodrick said...

your cards are worth the wait....lol...what happened to the "lazy days of summer?" Still waiting for life to relax....just a little....cute card...makes me ready to be chilly (almost!)

Kathy Martin said...

Darling card! Well detailed! :)

Regina said...

The pictures are great and thanks for sharing family life with us. I got some neat ideas for cards from yours. Thanks for the ideas!