Friday, November 18, 2011

Altered Night Light Lamp!

I so appreciate the advice yesterday on what to do with those scraps! I wish I were as organized as some of you are, but truth be told, I am simply not. I am disorganized. I am a tornado in the craft room. I am messy. And honestly, I am starting to come to terms with that side of me! LOL!

Last fall for the Circle Magazine I took an inexpensive night light at Michaels and prettied it up a bit using Provo Craft's Daisy Quilling kits. The flowers were layered, inked, and glittered. The leaves were cut using felt for a bit of texture and softness. The swirls were cut from one of my cartridges, but it has been so long, that honestly, I can't remember which one! (Sorry!) I adhered a wide piece of lace around the lamp shade to help draw the eye into the center.
These Quilling kits really do make the most gorgeous flowers!

mmmmmm......I love anything that sparkles! ; )

I have lots of shopping to do to prepare for Thanksgiving! And I need to clean my very messy house! I certainly can't have people over in the state it is in now! ; )

Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you as always for stopping by!!!!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the lamp. It is 2 cute, have a bless Thanksgiving and fun with your family.

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carole said...

Michele, what a wonderful idea. You are so talented and I love visiting to see what your next project is.

Unknown said...

Wow! Just beautiful, better than anything in a store =)

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your talent!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Rose Ann said...

You've decorated that lamp so beautifully, Michele!! I love your flowers and the pretty sparkle you've added!!

Beate said...

Wow Michele! Your altered lamp shade is gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my this is GORGEOUS!!~

Rea' said...

Just got a closer look at that lamp Michele, oh those flowers are beautiful, so very elegant!!

CreativeMish said...

Wow this is so beautiful! Great job

Cricut Couple said...

Gorgeous! The quilling kits are perfect for this! Genius!!!