Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ornament Number Three!

I can't believe we are midweek already! Today is our "ugly" holiday sweater day at school! I love seeing everyone's festive sweaters with the real jingle bells, pom poms, glitter, lights that actually light up! ; ) We all have at least one in our closets right? ; ) It is such a fun week, and the kids get a kick out of seeing the teachers act silly and participate right along with them!

OH! and guess what? Because of all of YOU....I WON the Blog Guide Book's Top Blog spot!!! : D I can't thank all of you enough for voting so many times and putting up with me! Your comments have truly touched my heart and have made me a very happy girl! So from the bottom of my heart.......thank you.

I have my third ornament to share with you today. It is similar to Monday's post, but a slightly different technique for the ornament. The box was cut from the Sweet Tooth Boxes Cartridge at 6". After the top was cut, I spread glossy accents across the entire thing and sprinkled coarse glitter by Martha Stewart over it. The snowflake was again cut using the Winter Lace Cartridge and green glitter was applied. I added hot pink tulle, a button, and a pearl to finish the top off.
To cover the ornament, I used this green polka dotted tissue paper by Pink Paislee. I tore it into small pieces and adhered it using Modge Podge. Once it was covered I sprinkled clear German Glass Glitter over it. I added a snowflake that was also covered in glitter with a pearl in the center. I used an acrylic Prima flower and some soft pink tulle to finish the top of the ornament off.

I adore the look of these Prima pieces! They remind me of ice and add a special touch without taking away from the rest of the ornament.

I used more of the green tissue inside of the box to give to the recipient! : )

Off to dig my "ugly" sweater out of the closet! ; )


Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!!

12 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Congrats on winning!!! Another beautiful ornament, too! This is a good posting day! :0)
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

JaniceA said...

Beautiful ornament and Congrats on winning!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Debby said...

You are so humble. I would be shouting from the rooftops.....but that's not you. So happy for you.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Congrats on winning!!! You definately deserve it!!! And what a beautiful ornament once again!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Liz said...

I'm loving your ornaments! Congrats on winning that contest, too.

Margie said...

Love your ornament series! Congrats on winning!

Kim Rosati said...

Beautiful ornament and package - lucky recipient who gets a gift from you! Congrats "Top Blog" - you're the best!

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations on your win!! Woo hoo!! I love your fantastic box and ornament, Michele!! Gorgeous!!

Kelly L said...

very cool. I love the ornament! Again, congrats for winning. Your blog rocks!! :)

Unknown said...

WOW, tissue paper, this is soo cool, very very pretty!!

Beth said...

This is one awesome ornament. Congrats on winning the blog contest.