Friday, July 13, 2012

Watermelon Goodie Bags....


Happy Summer

I am so fortunate to have my summers off. I love this time to recharge the ole batteries, spend a bit more time with the family, craft a bit more, stay up later, and get up whenever I want. No rigid schedule. No homework. Just sunshine and pool water to soak up. I know in the blink of an eye August will be here. I will soon be awaiting my new classroom of students...writing lesson plans, and preparing bulletin boards. But for now....I am going to enjoy my very happy summer. 


I created this lil' bag toppers with my Cricut and the new CCR Exclusive, Bag Toppers! (How appropriately named!)  ; ) 

I used pink and a lime green paper for a fresh pretty look.  The sentiment is an SRM sticker that I placed on vellum and cut out to create a sort of banner. I also added black Martha Stewart glitter to the seeds.  Even seeds need a little sparkle! ; )
I added some ribbon, lime green twine, and a pink flower.  The center is a new rhinestone by Queen and Co. Love the faceted look of it! 
I am off to see my fellow teachers for lunch today.  It will be great to see them and catch up with our doings this summer!
By the way.....CHA is next week.  I will be working the JustRite booth.  Anyone heading out?  I'd love to see you!  
Have a great weekend my friends!



Michele
a

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

CUTE!!!!

Tina said...

these ars o pretty, very cute

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

SWEET! I am heading to CHA too! I will be working in the Tombow booth

Jingle said...

It's funny...my husband is a teacher, too, but somehow his July is the busiest month of the year! LOL! He does a summer school program for inner city kids and works so much on the following year, that he is happy to get back to a schedule when school starts! HA! Your treat bags are FABULOUS! I love them!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Those are SO cute!

Pkrbkr said...

These are so cute! I am a retired teacher and loved doing crafts like this. So, what's inside the goodie bags??

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Very cool Michelle! This will be perfect for yet another daughter's 14th birthday party for little gifts to send home. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Esther Asbury said...

Super sweet bag toppers! Love em!

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

These are super cute- and so very summery!

Life and Knits said...

Michele,
These are the cutest!

Susie

Rea' said...

Squealling...oh soooooooooo CUTE !!! They made me very Happy!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are the sweetest! Love the way you decorated the glassine bags.

Riet said...

So gorgeous Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ruth G said...

Super fun and fresh! What a great summery project! I love the idea of the bag toppers! Thanks so much for sharing!

Missy said...

These are so pretty, I think I missed this cart somehow! I love the pink & green color combo, the twine really looks good & so do the sparkly seeds. I'm trying to keep my eyes closed when I go in to the stores now....school supplies are popping up.....I tell myself maybe if I don't see them, school won't be able to find me when it starts in the fall!!! ;)

Theresa said...

What a great project. I love making stuff like this for my students. I am thinking about what to make for our return to school - and I love this topper. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dorlene Durham said...

SO CUTE!!!