Friday, August 3, 2012

Samantha Walker New Release Day 2!

Today is day 2 of JustRite's new release by the talented Samantha Walker. For my project today I used the new set, Botanical Swirls Labels.  When I saw it, it reminded me of little picture frames.  So I went with that idea in mind!  I wanted to create a fun, bright summery frame.  I stamped each of the frames in shades of yellow, orange, blue, and pink.   

You know the theory, "Less is More?"  Yea.  That didn't apply here.  I added.... and added a crazy amount of stuff!  Sequins, doilies, rhinestones, twine, doilies.........Thicker stickers.....apparently my theory is, "More is More!" ; ) 


I debated about putting a back on to my frame, but I ended up leaving it open.  I like the airiness of it. 
Here is the set in its entirety!  
Be sure to pop on over to the other designer's blogs for more inspiration!  
Sheri Holt
Marisa Job
Kellie Fortin
Darsie Bruno
Michele Kovack
Heidi Blankenship
Angela Barkhouse
Barb Schram
Eva Dobilas
Kathy Jones
****************************************************
I attended an opening celebration for 2 Doctors in our community.  We attended to congratulate them as well as celebrate an accomplishment for the “Changing the Face of Beauty” campaign.  We are so thrilled that these two Doctors see the beauty we see in all of our children. I am honored that Cortney (seen in picture behind me with Patty), was part of this campaign. Katie (pictured with me) and Steve are amazing people who are hoping to change how people look at our children. It was lovely to meet the other parents and these two doctors.  
I can honestly say that I am a lucky, lucky gal.  Between the crafting community, the special needs community.....my family and friends, I am surrounded by incredibly caring people. 
My heart is full.
Have a blessed day!


10 comments:

Jingle said...

SUCH a cute project!

Shantaie said...

3 words....gorgeous, gorgeous, and more gorgeous!!! :)

Liz S. said...

More is better...yes. Love the project.

Sis Patterson said...

And we are blessed with you.

Lovely post - lovely project - lovely campaign (and lovely doctors).

Lovely all around.

Sandi said...

I like that openness and airy concept also. More is good!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, what a gorgeous project!! Love love the banner design with the fab photos and bright cheerful colors!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

This is an awesome project -- and I never believe that less is more! :) Love the hanging elements in a frame! Fantastic concept!!

Love your Change the Face of Beauty campaign and all it stands for! You are the blessing, Michele!

cdm317 said...

Beautiful project! Congrats on being part of such a wonderful campaign.

Rea' said...

You always come up with such unique projects... love it !

You are surrounded with people who bless your life because YOU are a BLESSING !!

Sara Andrews said...

This is a fantastic project Michele, I love it.