Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Paper Loft Sketch Challenge!

Good morning and happy "hump" day to ya!  Paper Loft is having their monthly sketch challenge!  You could win a Paper Loft prize package and become Paper Loft's March Guest Designer! Check out the Paper Loft blog for all the details!
I love sketches because it takes a lot of the guess work out of designing a card.  I often don't have a clue how to start, as for me, the layout is the most difficult part.  
Sketches do the hard part for ya!
I used images from the Happy collection. I matted the hearts on cream card stock and used scalloped scissors to create a subtle matte.  I did a bit of machine stitching to add a pop of red to the background paper.  I added lace, folded up the bottom heart and added loads of glitter to it.
I used my Silhouette to cut the daisy.  Flowers always seem to be the perfect accent!
This week has been a bit tough getting back into a routine, but it is good to be back!  I just sometimes wish school started at 10 AM instead.........  ; )

Today is the last day to enter Cindy's Coutts on-line card class giveaway!  Be sure to enter HERE!

Have a great day my friends!

3 comments:

Jingle said...

This is so beautiful!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)

Debbie (from Sugar Land) said...

I just love the Paper Loft papers, and your card really shows it off. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.