Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Card About Lettuce?

Lettuce as the focal point?  Yes, I say!  How about for all of those Green Thumbs in your life?  Perfect right? ;)  See there is a card for everyone!
Now let's get serious for a moment......I needed an excuse to color with my Inktense pencils again.  And yep, lettuce fit the bill. It is part of the Crafty Secret's Vegetable Digital Images. I colored in layers with green, brown, and a hint of yellow.  I printed the lettuce image 3 times and cut the top two layers and adhered them to the bottom layer with dimensional foam circles.  I curled the edges up a bit and painted it with gold Stickles. The designer paper is part of the Crafty Secrets's Vegetable Garden Digital Papers collection. 
I added a bit of seam binding tied with a button.  I used a couple of Maya Road stick pins as a finishing touch. 
Take a peek at my side bar and you will see that on the 27th and 28th JustRite and Samantha Walker are teaming up for a colossal sized blog hop! It's one you are not going to want to miss! Prizes and inspiration galore! 
I am off to see my scrappy gals today for a little girl time!  
Have a great day my friends!


5 comments:

Life and Knits said...

Well now Michel...Lett-uce tell you just how gorgeous this card is! It's awesome!! Samantha Walker and Just Rite...now that's a dynamic duo for sure.

Have a good day girlfriend!

Susie

Liz said...

This card actually works. I love it!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Michel, you made lettuce beautiful! Love the card and the bow and button are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Well, this is fabulous. Michelle you even make lettuce gorgeous.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome, vivid pencils! Wow!!