Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nothing Crafty.....But do Have a RECIPE to Share!.

Good morning!  It is a beautiful sunny Sunday morning, and I am heading out for a bike ride with a friend and stopping at the Farmer's Market.  Many of you know that Cortney has struggled with GI issues her entire life.  We have made the decision to switch her to gluten free and also eat healthier as a family. In doing so, it has required a bit more planning when it comes to meals.  We aren't as quick to just "order out."  Already we have seen changes. Cortney has been having fewer and fewer GI problems. My husband's blood pressure has dropped significantly, and I just feel better all the way around. Andy my 16 year old? Well, he's been a bit tougher to get on board.  He is still sneaking his occasional soda and Doritos. But I have noticed he has been drinking more water and making himself smoothies for a snack. 
So today, I have a delicious and easy recipe to share with you.
 My sister gave me beautiful zucchini from her garden and I made zucchini boats.  
You scrape the seeds out and place the following in side:
1. Pesto
2. Pizza Sauce ( I used gluten free)
3. Sliced tomatoes
4. Salt/pepper
5. Mozzarella/ Parmesan cheese

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes! That's it!  Super easy and delicious!
I have been playing here and there with my new camera.  (Nikon D7000)  It has secretly been a dream of mine to be a photographer.  I know it won't ever happen, and honestly, I am happy to just do it as a hobby.  So I just practice on my kids.....my dogs......flowers.....food.  Whatever my lens can capture! ;)
Here is my 18 year old gal.......
And my Dorito eating, soda sneaking, 16 year old! ;)

I will be back tomorrow with the Crafty Secret's Design Team challenge and linky party! I will be sharing a tutorial, so be sure to pop on over!
Have a beautiful Sunday!

4 comments:

Regina said...

I am so happy you found some help for Cort. I have Chron's so I have an idea of what she is going through. Love the pictures and especially of your Dorito eating young man. Have a fun day!

Anonymous said...

So glad things are better for all of you. Great photos.
Thanks for the recipe.

Unknown said...

Awesome recipe! Thanks a bunch...

Unknown said...

Awesome recipe! Thanks a bunch...