Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Eek!

Can you believe that tomorrow is Halloween already? 
Seriously, the time just zips by at such a fast pace that some days it's hard to keep up!
The weather men are calling for rain tomorrow.  Lots of it. 
I am hoping they are wrong so my little gypsy can go trick or treating. 

I have a card today that uses an adorable vintage image from Crafty Secrets.  I added a bit of sparkle to her hat with a Spica pen. The designer paper is also from the Crafty Secrets Halloween Digital collection. I love that I can print it smaller, so the design is smaller to match the size of my card. 
For a fun embellishment I strung a few alphabet beads to spell the word EEK! A bit of seam binding, black pom pom trim,  and a couple of lime green jingle bells finish the card. 
Do you dress up for Halloween?  
I would love to know what you are dressing up as!

Have a happy and safe Halloween! 


5 comments:

Teri said...

Oh my goodness, what an adorable card!! I don't like the 'scary' Halloween stuff, so this is just perfect!! Love what you did with the alphabet beads, what a great idea!!! We are supposed to get a ton of rain here as well, the grandkids will be so disappointed if it ruins the big night! Hope your gypsy girl gets to go!!!
No dressing up here!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Nancy Dynes said...

Hi Michele! I LOVE your sweet card!! I wish I had a pinky finger of your talent. I was wondering if you stained and/ or stiffened the seam binding? It looks extra cool the way you used it. Sending wishes for a wonderful day!
Nancy (mytatteredtreasures.blogspot.com)

Birgit said...

This is such a cute card!! We don't really "do" Halloween but I just had to comment on your adorable creation. I'm usually a lurker but may have left a comment here and there but I check your blog almost daily! You definitely have a gift. Thanks so much for sharing it with others.
Blessings~ Birgit

Life and Knits said...

Hi Michele,
I love your card! The beaded pin is clever!!! So cute. I don't dress up for Halloween, but loved seeing your costumes. I think you channeled Lucy perfectly. I do create treat bags for my trick or treaters.

Have a safe and fun Halloween!!!

Susie

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is precious! Love that stickpin...and the sweet little image! Love your style, girl!