Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Movie Night!

Hi there friends! I have a card to share with you today that was published over the summer in Northridge's Cricut Magazine.  It is a movie night card.  It is a great way to invite friends over for an Oscar party, or a child's sleepover birthday party!  
I used the, When I Was a Kid cartridge and cut two of the popcorn boxes.  I scored the bottom layer at the top and glued it to the top piece to create my card's base. 
To create the popcorn effect I used multiple layers of liquid applique.  The first layer was a traditional "flat" layer. I let it dry for quite a few hours before heating it.  Once that was "puffed" up a bit, I went ahead with my second layer.  I did little "blobs" of liquid applique and again waited hours before heating it.  Since they were little "blobs" when you heat them, the center will puff up and then sink and fall to the center creating a popcorn effect. Cool right? ;)
A pair of 3-D glasses, title, and some twine were added for a bit more fun!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!!

6 comments:

Birgit said...

Wow! This is totally a fun card!!

Melissa said...

Love the texture of the "popcorn".

Riet said...

So gorgeous Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Donna said...

How fun! I love the whole thing but the popcorn effect is great! Is that something that you figured out on your own or did someone show you that? I would have loved to know that technique for a swap I did last year. Thanks for sharing Michele.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Great texture and dimension...and FUN!

cdm317 said...

You are so creative! What a cool idea! I'll have to try it.