Friday, April 25, 2014

Dresser Box

I am in love with this dresser from Silhouette. I've been wanting to do something creative with it for quite some time.  It was designed by the talented  Samantha Walker.  I decided to stay in my comfort zone and use soft pinks, blues, and a pop of red. I wanted it to have a shabby vintage feel to it. 
I  used pearls for the drawer handles and a bit of doily peeking out of the top of the drawers.  The drawers are perfect for putting jewelry or some smaller trinkets for the recipient.  
I added a 3D Coreopsis flower  designed by Jamie Cripps. I gave it a bit of color by adding pink using Tim Holtz Distress Markers. 
I added a few leaves, string, berries, and a sentiment using an SRM sticker. 

It is going to be another busy weekend here.  I will be standing on the street corner to help raise money for Misericordia.  (The facility we are trying to get Cortney into).  I have a communion party for a close friend, piles of laundry, and maybe a bit of crafty time snuck in here and there.
Any plans this weekend?
Would love to hear what you are up to! 
HUGS my friends!

8 comments:

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is so gorgeous! I love everything you create, just such an elegance about each project! Amazing.

Migdalia said...

Stunning and so BEAUTIFUL!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Samantha Walker's Imaginary world said...

This is stunning! I love your creativity and taking everything to the next level! Simply amazing!!!

Vickie said...

Love it Love it. I need to see if I can make this with a cricut cut.

Sparky said...

Pretty as can be and that pop of red is so eyecatching! I so admire the obvious care and beautiful detail you put into every one of your creations, Michele. Thank you!
~Kris~

nattyboots said...

A lovely project, loving the colors and flowers used.
I am going to have a relaxing weekend, no family visiting as they are all doing their own thing, i have my youngest sons Birthday Card to make for next Thursday, so i will be doing that
Have a lovely weekend
Take Care
Elaine H X

Lisa Kind said...

A-dorable!

diane said...

OMG! I ♥ this.
I just went into Silhouette and put that dang cute dresser in my cart!!!!
Thanks for sharing!
diane @ thoughts and shots