Saturday, March 2, 2019

Whimsy Stamp's March Release-Butterflies Fluttering!

Good morning and happy weekend to you!
My whole house is sick with some kind of a virus and I feel like the disinfectant queen!
Washing sheets, wiping down everything....you know the drill!
I did manage to play with Whimsy Stamp's newest March release, Butterflies Fluttering!
The butterflies in this set are absolutely breathtaking!
 I used my Zig Clean Color markers to apply the color directly onto the stamp.  I knew I wanted to create a colorful, rainbow-ish butterfly. I fussy cut it and put it to the side so I could work on the background.  
I used my Zigs to create the background as well.  I scribbled on a glass block with each color and picked up the color with a brush.  I tilted the paper back and forth so the colors would run into each other a bit.  I stamped the sentiment on black card stock using Versamark and white embossing powder.  I cut it into a strip. 
I used Whimsy's Friend Word die from last month's release as part of the sentiment. 
I assembled all of the pieces and popped up the butterfly using Crafty Foam Tape for added dimension.  I also added some teeny gold stars from the Lucky Charm's Sparkletz
I felt the back panel was a bit too stark so I dipped the edges in Versamark ink and gold embossing powder.  I felt like it jazzed it up a bit without distracting from the main image.  
Thank you so much for stopping by!
I will have so much more to share! March is an awesome release month!

Supplies:
*NEW Butterflies Fluttering Set Rubber Cling StampFriend Word and Shadow Die SetSparkletz - Lucky CharmsCrafty Foam Tape WhiteVersaMark Full-Size Ink Pad - Original (Clear)White Embossing Powder - Super Fine DetailGold Embossing Powder

No comments: