Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Sea Otter 3 Ways!

Good morning! 
First I have to apologize for my blog right now. I am aware that it has the Photobucket watermark all over it.  I am in the process of getting my blog revamped.  Not sure why all of a sudden this watermark is popping up. I wish I were a bit more techy!
So please bare with me!
Today I have 3 cards using Whimsy Stamp's new Adorable Otters set.  For this first card I used my Zig Clean Color markers.
I used the new Curly Q's background stamp to add a bit of contrast. I stamped it in Versamark on black paper and embossed it in white. I popped the water colored otter on top of the embossed background using Crafty Foam Tape.  (LOVE this stuff!) I added ribbon and decided I needed an itty bitty flower.  I used the Build a Garden die set on water color paper.  Popped it on the card with a bit of white string and a gem for the center.  
My next two cards I created a mask using an oval die and masking paper.  I stamped the otter in Versafine black ink (Because it is waterproof and perfect for watercoloring) and masked him off.  I used Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers. I spritzed it with water while the mask was still in place. I removed all of the masks and colored the otter with Zig Clean Color markers.  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine black.  The heart was stamped in Versamark and embossed in pink. I added a few hearts from the Love Hearts Sparkletz collection. 

This last card I did the same masking as above but changed the colors a bit.  I used Distress Ink in Mermaid Lagoon.  I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and embossed it in white.  I added a few red sequins and gems from the Peppermint Jazz Sparkletz collection to finish it off.  
Thanks for stopping by and putting up with this crazy blog!  Hopefully I can get it fixed soon! If you can recommend someone who does blogs, please let me know!

Supplies:
*NEW Adorable Otters Clear Stamps*NEW Curly Q's Background Rubber Cling StampBuild-a-Garden Die SetDistress Ink Mini Pad - Peacock FeathersDistress Ink Mini Pad - Mermaid LagoonCrafty Foam Tape WhiteVersaFine CLAIR Ink Pad - Nocturne (black)Sparkletz - Love HeartsSparkletz - Peppermint JazzWhite Embossing Powder - Basic

3 comments:

Nora Noll said...

What adorable cards!! Your rock at coloring!! These images are so fun!

Anonymous said...

Love your cards, so very cute! My blog did the same thing last week. The links to the images in photobucket no longer work which is why you have the photobucket image plastered all over your site. I tried to fix mine (I used to be a web developer back in the day), but I wasn't able to get deep enough into the code to resolve it so I found a new free theme and replaced my old one with the new one.

Michele Kovack said...

Thank you so much to the person that left the above comment! I just changed my theme and it worked!