Friday, July 17, 2020

Christmas in July!

Hi friends! 
I am featured on the Whimsy Blog today for their Fresh Friday's feature.  This is where the DT uses past stamp sets.  I love it because I often am so focused on the newest sets that the older sets don't get as much love as they should.  
This adorable set is called, Candy Cane Lane. 
I used the Slimline Windows Die to cut the pieces.
I stamped each image in Copic friendly ink and colored each image.  I added details with a white gel pen, Stickles, and white flock. I inked up the frame portion with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, Speckled Egg. I spritzed a bit of water mixed with Perfect Pearls to give it a bit more shimmer.  
I added snowflakes and gemstones from the Fun Flurries Sparkletz collection.  I tied silk ribbon vertically to finish off the card. 

I haven't shared much personal stuff on my blog lately.  But I had to share this bit of good news about my son, Kyle.  He made the decision to join the Navy.  He did so well on the testing that he will be in the Nuclear Propulsion training program.  He will get his bachelor's degree in December and head to boot camp in January.  I can not express how proud I am of this young man. 
Thank you for letting me share today!

Supplies:
Candy Cane Lane Clear Stamps - Whimsy StampsSlimline Windows Die - Whimsy StampsStickles Glitter Glue - Star Dust - Whimsy StampsSparkletz - Fun Flurries - Whimsy Stamps


1 comment:

reeree62 said...

First and foremost, Congrats to Kyle!!! You must be SO PROUD of him!👏🏻

This card is so much fun...I adore these non-traditional colors!!! Just gorgeous 🥰