Saturday, February 25, 2023

Vintage Style

Hello friends!
Today I have a card using Whimsy's new Slimline Stardust Die.  When I first started cardmaking, I loved creating with a vintage style.  Somehow I kind of got away from that, but today decided it was time to revisit that style.  I used Gesson to adhere old book paper to a white piece of cardstock.  It mutes the colors, like a white wash. Once it was dry, I used the Slimline Stardust die.  I then splattered it with black water color, used my sewing machine for the edges, and distressed the edges with scissors. I used Tim Holtz Foundry Wax in Gilded for the edges. 
I used the stars to create a flower. They were cut from water color paper and given a wash of pink. The Gilded Foundry Wax was used on the edges and heat set.  I stacked them and added a vintage button to the center.  The leaves are from the Wild Weeds Die set. Those were also cut from water color paper and given a wash of greens with Foundry wax on the edges.  The sentiment is part of the Acts of Kindness stamp set.   Tulle was tucked in behind my stars and a scattering of black sequins from my stash. 
It was fun going vintage on this one!
Be sure to check out Whimsy's full release! The next release is coming out in a few days. :)









 

No comments: