Friday, October 30, 2009

Crafty Secret's Design Team Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Crafty Secret's BLOG HOP!!!
Vicki Chrisman (our team leader) issued a challenge this week to use a bird image. It could be a stamp or an image from the Creative Scraps or Journaling Booklets. I decided to go with the lil' bird from the Christmas Joy set. I colored the bird with my Prismas and Copics, and then cut him out. The ornament was stamped on vellum with StazOn. The background was created with my Spellbinders brass template and Copic airbrush system. This glittery snowflake was made using my new Sizzix die and chunky glitter. I then misted it with rose Glimmer Mist. I added a bit of hardware around my sentiment.


I just loooooove glitter! : )


You HAVE to check out what the other gals came up with........fabulous stuff!
Head on over to Marisa's blog for a chance at some fantastic blog candy! AND the Crafty Secret's blog too!
Vicki Chrisman
Pam Hooten
Heidi Blankenship
Marisa Grosson (Blog candy here!!!)
Michele Kovack
Linda Duke
Michelle Van Etten
Florence Teixeira (Our newest DT member! YAY!!! So glad to have ya!)
Guest Designer Melisa Waldorf (Our fabulous guest this month!!!! : )
Heartwarming Vintage Blog (Blog candy here too!)
Crafty Secrets

******************************
I am heading to work in my costume........the three 5th grade teachers, including me, are dressing up in 80's fashion! Can you say neon and crimped hair? Pictures to follow soon!!!
Have a great Friday!

26 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

This is just so sweet Michelle!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

SOOOOO pretty! I love it!

Jingle said...

This is super cute! I love the glitter! I really am hoping to see those 80's pics!!! LOL!

Pam said...

So cute Michele! Love the background.

Michelle Van Etten said...

I love this little card great job and the glitter looks fabulous.

Darlene said...

This is adorable Michele!! The hardware around the sentiment worked perfectly ... love the music panel on the bottom too! WOWZA girl ... how do you keep up??
Looking forward to the Halloween costume post ... how fun!!

Jocelyn said...

Love this one...sweet friend and I am with you...I love glitter!!!!! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!!! :-)

Crystal said...

WOW your snowflake is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great card!

Hearts Turned said...

So soft, shimmery & glittery! Love this, Michele! I love your big, chunky snowflakes!

JustYolie said...

Adorable lil birdie!

Pattyjo said...

I love your project with the birds! Vicki has such awesome ideas with challenges. I love her and I follow your blog also. You all are such artists and good teachers. Thank you for your blog!
Pattyjo

Diane said...

Oh wow! Such a beautiful card!!!
Love the glitter too!!!
Can't wait to see the 80's outfit!

Debbie K. said...

Oh Michele, this is sooooo sweet! Love how you added the glitter and sprayed glimmer mist on it.
Hope you are having a fun dress up day at school!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Michele, your card is so cute!! I love that little birdie! Love the snowflake and all of the chunky glitter too! Can't wait to see the 80's pictures! ;)

Marisa said...

Michele, you project is fantastic. Just in time for the Christmas Season.

Marisa

Amy Sheffer said...

Adorable! Love that sweet image and all the glitter. The music at the bottom looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the '80s pics - sounds so fun!

Cammie said...

Perfect coloring of birdie. Beautiful sparkly card!

BethW said...

Truly stunning-more great inspiration for the coming season. Thank you!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

love love love love that card!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Linda D said...

This is so sweet Michelle! I'm a glitter kind a girls, so this is right up my alley. Beautiful work.

2amscrapper said...

This is soooo pretty!

Do What You Love said...

What a darling card - I love glitter too and that chunky glitter is divine! I neglected to stop to thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog last week - forgive my neglectfulness. You have a lovely blog and I'm so glad you stopped by! Thank you.

Velta said...

Your coloring of that adorable bird is just beautiful! Love all the glitter too!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Cute! Love the sparkle your little bird is perched on!

Lesley said...

What a beautiful card, I just love snowflakes!

Anonymous said...

nice, i just made lots of different emo backgrounds for my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info