Friday, May 21, 2010

Caffinated Cropper Blog Hop!

Good morning, happy Friday, and HAPPY WEEKEND to you! The DT gals at Caffinated Cropper have some fun things to show you using Amy's kits! I used the Birds of a Feather kit, as well as the doily and white lace from, With a Cherry on Top kit. I have seen some of these quarter circle cards and decided to give it a go. I love the unique shape of it! I cut a 10 inch circle using my Cricut machine. I cut the circle in half. I took the half and folded it in half again. I took my scalloped scissors and cut along the edge. The owl image is from Whimsy Haven, and is so darn cute! I paper pieced her a bit and added some color with my Copics. And of course, I had to add some glitter to her eyelids and body. : )

I hand cut the leaves from some green paper in my stash.

The flower was created using a scrap piece of white lace from the kit. I spread some fabric glue on it and rolled it tightly. When it was dry, I trimmed the bottom a bit and added a pearl button to its center. So from now on you can create these cute lil ' flowers with all those scraps of ribbon you've been afraid to throw away, but wondered what the heck you were gonna do with them!
Amy is offering some promotional and sale items....so be sure to visit The Caffinated Cropper Blog for details! Are you ready for more fabulous projects? Head on over to..............
Me!!! : )
Hope you have a wonderful, fabulous, sunshiney filled weekend!

27 comments:

~amy~ said...

woot woot! I LOVE this to pieces!!!

Crystal said...

This is FABULOUS Michele GREAT design!

Lynda said...

This is ANOTHER winner!

Hearts Turned said...

Love this, Michele--great shape for the card, and I LOVE that owl! How fabulous to glitter up her eyelids!

StampinCathy said...

OMGOSH! This is one awesome and inspiring card. I just love the shape, details, and color combo. That owl is so cute. What a great way to use this kit.

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous! you must have the giant cricut to cut out a 10" circle!!!!! i love this. it's absolutely gorgeous!

jjcreations said...

Great card - I love the unique shape and that owl is great!!!

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow- this is absolutely stunning!!

Jana Eubank said...

LOVE your shaped card with all the scalloped-edge goodness! Your owl is adorable!

Kathy Martin said...

Super CUTE! Love the heart doily, felt flower, shape...it's all so fabulous! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

How CUTE!!! I love that card shape, and every detail on this card is just perfect!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Michele,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jocelyn said...

Oh Michele....I just adore this....that OWL is precious!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Amy said...

LOVE the flower idea..I'm so doing that!! thanks!! this is so gorgeous, it looks like a completely different kit every time you make something and I love that!!

1CardCreator said...

I think this has to be one of my favorite cards so far Michelle. I love everything about it! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Lynnda said...

wow... this is awesome...Gorgeous!!...xxx

Star Rork said...

this is so cute card Michelle!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! This is stunning Michele! Love your unique card design and colouring! Beautiful creation!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh I am in awe at the amazement of this creation BRAVO! Beth

Annika said...

It's amazing, love the flower and the leaves, such a beautiful design!
Hugs
Annika

Only By His Grace said...

Gosh! this card really stands out. what a super idea. love the rose.
Hugs marion

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great card - love it's shape and your little flower! Thanks for all the details and how to's! Enjoy your weekend : )

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison Rankin said...

An owl? A fun shape? All that sponging? Ugh...you always make me wish I had a thumbfull of your talent!

PEA said...

this is adorable! Very creative girl!
Pea

girlia said...

saw this on pinterest, love it

Conniecrafter said...

very cute shaped card, love that owl