Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Applique' Card by JustRite!

Good morning! The weather in the Windy City has been glorious the past two days! The humidity is very low, and for the first time all summer, I was able to open up the house and turn the air off! I love listening to the summer noises....lawnmowers, kids, cicadas, birds singing.....all of it!

I have a little card to share with you today. It measures 3 x 3 and was cut out using the Spellbinder's scalloped square. I then left the die on, and ran it through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder. This leaves the edges embossed-free! I stamped JustRite's Applique Decorative Centers twice with Versamark and embossed it using white embossing powder. I colored it with my Copics. I cut out the center and placed it on a pop dot. I cut that out using a smaller Spellbinder's scalloped square and a piece of Hibiscus felt behind it. (Papertrey Ink) I added a ribbon from Papertrey, a button, and a few rhinestones for the middle.
I hope you have a fantastic day!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!

19 comments:

Crystal said...

Great design Michele...and the embossing on your shaped card is fantastic...very pretty!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh so PRETTY

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very pretty.

Our city of Port Elizabeth is also known as the windy city;-D

Regina Easter said...

very pretty michele...hugs

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous image and that pop of pink is amazing!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute 3x3 card, love the splash of pink!

Beate said...

I saw this on facebook and had to hop on over and tell you how GORGEOUS it is. LOVE the card shape, the texture of it and the layout. Wonderful card.
Hugs and smiles

Jocelyn said...

Oh this is so pretty...just adore it!!!

Yay for the great weather....we are still so hot and humid...I can't wait until I can open the windows!!! ENJOY!!!!!!!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kirsty said...

What a delicate, pretty little card. I love the embossing and the layout. It's beautiful

Chris said...

Such a sweet and pretty card Michelle and I love how you did your embossing, that's so clever and looks wonderful! I'm glad you have some more pleasant weather and can enjoy the sounds of summer for a while. :)

mary stuart said...

Wow - emboss using your cuttlebug folder while the paper is still in the spellbinder! Awesome - and looks great! Thanks for taking the chance with that and sharing it with us!
Beautiful weather! Seems like a gift before school starts!
Thanks for sharing your creations with us!

Hearts Turned said...

Such a sweet little card, Michele! Love it's scalloped edges!

So glad your weather is more pleasant this week!

Julie

yyam said...

Oh I wished we had better weather here...it's either raining heavily or just hot and humid!

Your card is so very pretty!I love the texture the embossing gives...:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is GORGEOUS Michele! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Donna said...

Stunning card, love the white work and the gorgeous splash of colour with the red ribbon :) Donna x

CreativeMish said...

So cute! I love that you used the die to create it. That stamp is on my wish list@!

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous card Michele, love the embossing, take careX:)

Jane Wetzel said...

this is so darn cute! I think I need to make some of these! Very very pretty! :)