Monday, November 15, 2010

Dear Diary, Halloween, and Inspired Blueprints......OH and new furniture too!

Could my title to today's post get any longer? Seriously?

I have a LO using Noel Mignon's Dear Diary kit and a sketch from Inspired Blueprints. I love how sketches take the thinking out of creating a LO. For me, the LO is the toughest part! I chose pictures of my guys carving their pumpkins and Kyle using the Cricut Cake machine to create his cupcake masterpieces! I kept the LO fairly simple and just added a few embellishments here and there.
I did a bit of layering here...........
.......and some journaling here........
And for those of you who stop here frequently......you know how goofy obsessed I have been with getting new furniture in my living room. (Maybe one has a tendency to get a little crazy when one hasn't gotten new furniture in 18 years..........maybe.) So drum roll please........here is my living room before the new furniture arrives.
....and here it is after!! Soooooooooo what do you think? (OK , even if you don't like it.......lie like a rug! The furniture can't go back anyway! LOL!)
And that's all I have for you today! I am off to work even though I have a scrappy hangover from the weekend. Spending 72 hours crafting with girlfriends until the wee hours of the night will do that to ya! : )
Have a GREAT day!!!!

16 comments:

Jocelyn said...

OK....love that LO....the layering is just awesome!!!

Now...the furniture.....IT LOOKS GORGEOUS!!!! So warm and inviting....I am on my way for a visit!!!

Scrappy hangovers are tough...but so worth it!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!! GORGEOUS!!! And loving the new digs!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

JennyKozar said...

Love it Michelle! The layout and the new furniture. Cannot wait to see what you worked on this past weekend.

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a fun scrapbook page and I know all about those scrappy hangovers. They are the best kind.
Love the new furniture.

~amy~ said...

Love your layout AND gorgeous 'new' room!!!! How exciting!!!

by DeeDee said...

Wow, that looks awesome! I love your furniture. From a smiling face!

Debby said...

Your new furniture really looks nice in your room.

NoraAnne said...

Oh, it's GREAT! It looks so warm and cozy and homey, I LOVE IT! Makes me want to go home and remodel ;) Thanks for sharing and I love your layout too!!!

Crystal said...

OH WOOOWEEE LOVE your layout Michele..just FABULOUS GIRL!

Unknown said...

I love the new furniture - seriously so pretty!! Great lo too Michele - very neat! :)

Lorraine said...

Beautiful layout and Gorgeous furniture! Love your living space!

Allison Rankin said...

I like that layout a lot. Simple yet full of details! And your furniture looks so homey...relish in its newness for as long as you can (i.e., before someone spills something on it!). Ha!

Regina Easter said...

girlfriend.....LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF A MAGAZING...WOW WOW WOW WOW

Annette said...

OMG it looks gorgeous!!! I LOVE the new furniture! Congratulations :-)

Annette

http://sunflowerscreations.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the furniture...you did a great job...it looks great enjoy...I know what it is like not to have new furniture..I have mom, first bedroom bed that was giving to her by my grandmother when she bought a new one!!!!Jackie

ScrappyMama said...

WHEW!! I was afraid I might have to lie like a rug, but, your new furniture is beautiful!! The whole room is gorgeous & I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color on your walls...the majority of rooms in my home are yellow! Thanks for sharing pics; we've been waiting anxiously with you for the furniture to arrive...it's good to know how it all looks!