Monday, September 19, 2011

Crafty Secret's Retro Style Group Post!

Today is the day for Crafty's Secret's DT group post! This month's theme is retro style! My project today is retro Christmas! Have you ever had a crazy idea that actually worked? I had this moment while cooking that I could do something really cool with a wooden spoon. (My husband just shakes his head a lot......) I wanted to make a photo album from the spoon and with a bit of experimenting, it worked! I painted the entire spoon with cream paint and sanded the edges. I also inked the edges with a bit of brown ink to distress it. I covered the handle with patterned paper from the Vintage Papers CD collection. After it was adhered, I sanded the edges a bit, applied glossy accents to the entire handle and sprinkled Martha Stewart's course glitter over the top. I added a piece of lace too! : )
To create the mini album, I cut 6 ovals using my Spellbinder's die and patterned paper from the Vintage Paper CD collection. (LOVE this paper!!!) I used a smaller oval to cut out the pictures of my kids and the nieces and nephews decorating their gingerbread houses at Christmas last year. I cut out my retro Santa from the Retro Christmas Vintage Cuts. I adhered all of the ovals to seam binding. I just folded it up and tied the bow to keep it shut! I stamped Happy Christmas in red using the Christmas Mail Clear Art Stamp set. I adhered it to a stick pin and tucked it behind my ribbon/snowflake combo!



To open the photos just untie the bow and pull! Here are all the photos encased at the bottom of the spoon! : )



I hope you enjoyed my altered spoon........you'll never look at your cooking utensils the same way again! ; )





Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects!
Vicki Chrisman Team Leader





Michele Kovack <;------ ME! : )









37 comments:

Mary O'C said...

This is probably the most clever idea I've seen! You should submit it to a magazine for publication. It's darling.

Linda D said...

I agree with Mary, this is so clever and just darling. sigh... I love your style.

Jan Hennings said...

Well now...is this the cutest little mini ever! So bright and happy :)

Kim said...

WOW! This is one of the cutest ideas I've seen in a long time! You have so many beautiful cards and projects - you need a show of your own! Watch out Martha Stewart - here comes Michele Kovack!!

LauraB said...

I agree with everyone! Hope this beautiful piece art has been submitted multiple times!!

Tammy Roberts said...

WOW!!!! Very clever!!!! I simply adore this!!!

Melissa said...

How sweet- I love the retro santa and the secret little mini. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh...I love this!!!
You are one clever lady :D
~victoria~

Pam said...

Get Out!!!
This is darling Michele!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, SHaron

Daisy said...

Love that altered spoon. So pretty!

Rea' said...

Michele this is oh so cute! Who would have thought... a spoon !

NoraAnne said...

This is SO absolutely amazing and beautiful! You are one creative chick ;)

Hearts Turned said...

So very fabulous, Michele--wonderful idea!

Julie

Marcy said...

Now THAT is the coolest mini I've ever seen! Fantastically done!

Caroline Ryan said...

So precious! Thanks for sharing!

Debby said...

I absolutely love it.
Now I want to make one. SO cute.

Unknown said...

That is absolutely too cool! I love everything about it.
hugs,
Gini

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word! This is so unusual and exceptionally creative! I could just faint! Never EVER would have thought of this. LOVE it!

Cynthia said...

Wow, this is super creative Michele! I saw your project featured on FB today, but came over for a closer look.

Cricut Couple said...

OMG! This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen! It gives me an idea for a silver spoon for an upcoming baby shower at work! Where do you come up with these things?!? Brilliant!!!

Creative Grammie said...

OMGoodness, this is too cute! How clever. TFS

Tracey said...

WOW...this is awesome! The best idea ever........You are so creative:)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Pure genius!

Diane Hodrick said...

Now I gotta cook to create like you?! I am admitting defeat. ;) Beautiful and so clever!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! So clever and pretty! Love it!

Zane said...

That is really creative idea. Making card in form of spoon is really unique. It will give me inspiration to make Christmas card.

{Hana} said...

We loved it! thank You for the gorgeous inspiration!! :D
(I linked You on my blog, as the best idea nowadays, to show how a scrapbooker can turn a simple thing to something else;)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Loooove this! Such a unique and adorable idea---thanks for sharing!
smiles, Karen

Crafteresa said...

Wow, I found this on Pinterest, I am inspired, you should publish your work, maybe you already have?

Anonymous said...

[url=http://wholesalenfljerseysv.webs.com/]wholesale nfl jerseys[/url] [url=http://wholesalenfljerseysv.webs.com/]wholesale nfl jerseys[/url] http://wholesalenfljerseysv.webs.com/ I love this purse, case the main one I want!

Could not believe how fast you delivered this particular! Excellent product. Thank you!!!

I was happy along with my personal purchase and everything came right on time, thanks!

Extremely vendor along with high quality, good support and conversation. Very fast delivery, exactly as described as well as pictured, great product, very happy!

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol overnight tramadol online health solutions - tramadol 50 mg buy

Anonymous said...

phentermine very cheap phentermine memphis tn - phentermine online canada

Anonymous said...

Most people see a therapeutic gay sizegenetics like a way of relaxing and having fun. They you shouldn't consider the benefits that it offers to them. Whether you really are into a therapeutic gay sizegenetics or an erotic male sizegenetics, having an experienced masseur stroke and caress your sizegenetics allows you quite a lot of positive health benefits. Let us at explore numerous those benefits. If you decide to suffer from chronic anxiety then a therapeutic gay sizegenetics and an erotic male sizegenetics will help relieve and reduce that anxiety. It will greatly lower your respiratory levels.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/

Anonymous said...

Also ensure you speak to your guarantor before heading ahead, of course they should be prepared as well as you actually [url=http://www.bzbka.co.uk/]http://www.fastlongtermloans.co.uk/[/url] 12 month loans Raised standard of living has had many issues http://www.fastlongtermloans.co.uk/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I saw the painted wooden spoon on pinterest and had to come by and thank you for it. When I get back home, I'm going to paint some of them. Probably not as nicely as you have done but I'll do my best. Beautiful!!!